Official Signee Thread 2/2/2005

Everything now is gravy..I wonder who at TN is on the horn now with Turner tring to get him to stay home..He still hasn't signed has he?

lol cbs is now reporting us 4th?!? in the nation behind oklahoma, usc, and nebraska. I'm beginning to think these numbers don't meant anything from anybody. Oh well, consensus is we got lots o talent so here's to the future.

Geno is almost ready to announce. I don't think that we will get him, but I really hope we do. Come on Geno, make it an orange day!

prob = probably....sorry.....I guess he could be a problem if Geno commits, PT realizes we're the shizznit and wants to come here but Ulysses took the only scholly left.....Geno at the mic.....he's thanking people.....

I don't think he meant that Ulysees is a "problem". I think he meant that U is "probably for real".

Well crap, now the rivals station is taking a 2 hour break right when Geno was getting ready to announce. :angry:

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Feb 2, 2005 2:04 PM
Per clemson site, geno hayes is a seminole :bad: :bad: :bad:

:banghead: I hate that. Not getting him or Phillips kind of dampers my day a bit.

Being reported elsewhere too. I agree, I am pizzed about the Rivals Radio deal. What the heck did they think I bought the dam sirius radio for anyway?

Originally posted by SoCalVol@Feb 2, 2005 1:54 PM
lol cbs is now reporting us 4th?!? in the nation behind oklahoma, usc, and nebraska. I'm beginning to think these numbers don't meant anything from anybody. Oh well, consensus is we got lots o talent so here's to the future.

There are so many different ways of ranking classes that it's not surprising there are so many variations on who's number 1.

Some sites give weight to star average, some rank by total points, some rank based on the balance of the two.

If you were ranking classes based purely on the quality of the average player committed, then USC is easily the top class.

If you weight both quantity, quality, and star power then we're going to be in everyone's top 3.

What matters most is that we have a great coaching staff that stays intact, for the most part, year after year and the most recent addition, Mr. Taylor, has been a big boost to an already great and consistent staff.

We'll win a NC before this recruiting class graduates. Book it.

We were already loaded at his pos. anyway, besides he woul;d have to be placed in a prep school to get his grades up. so i hear.

We didn't get Geno Hayes, either....Fsu....
I heard if the Harris safety goes to OK instead of Michigan, OK takes #1....if not.....
WE PIMPS.....

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Feb 2, 2005 1:52 PM
Everything now is gravy..I wonder who at TN is on the horn now with Turner tring to get him to stay home..He still hasn't signed has he?

No one I hope, coaches can't contact recruits now, the reruit must initiate the contact.

I just wish Turner's mom would cry a few tears over not getting to watch him play many games.

You would think that Oklahoma's poor performances that they have had at the end of the last 2 seasons would hurt their recruiting a bit. Not to mention, you have to live in Oklahoma.

the USC board report that Turners letter was in this morning.

apparently not if they are pushing for the #1 spot.

overall, a GREAT DAY TO BE A TENNESSEE VOL!!

FREAK!!!! Nice job today!!! Thank you sir!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Feb 2, 2005 2:24 PM
FREAK!!!! Nice job today!!! Thank you sir!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks man. I tried to keep it up best I could. A lot of others contributed though.

Freak, did we get Hardesty or was I just dreaming that? I don't see him on your recruit list on the front page. I also don't see him on the UTsports ticker.......what's up?

Yeah, but why didn't you put him on the front volnation page over to the right? Shelly too...

I wonder if we will keep the #1 class. Are most of the other schools that were close with us done? I noticed that Rivals still has us #1.

VN Store

Back