Official South Park Fanclub Thread

Like I said, CC was responsible for the censoring. And there was an actual speech at the end according to Matt and Trey:

that just seems weird though....why would CC bleep that out then based off what Matt and Trey said; something doesn't feel like it's adding up completely

Wiki's on top of what happened with 201 it looks like:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/201_(South_Park)

According to the South Park Studios webpage, Comedy Central aurally censored episode "201" after delivery but before airing, a result of several threats made on Parker and Stone's life by New York-based Revolution Muslim.[1] The censored version bleeps out any mention of the word 'Muhammed', as well as entire speeches given by Kyle, Jesus and Santa at the end of the episode. The episode is not officially available online because the studio does not have network clearance to air the unedited version.[2] Censorship also affected the rebroadcasting of episode "201" on Comedy Central. New episodes of South Park are usually re-aired at least three times on Comedy Central: two hours after the 10:00 P.M. Wednesday original airing at midnight, then at 10:30 p.m. Thursday, and at 11:00 p.m. Sunday. Instead of episode "201", the network re-aired "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs" in the midnight slot, and according to Comedy Central's TV schedule will re-air it again on Thursday night.[3] The network will also re-air "You Have 0 Friends" in the Sunday night spot instead of episode "201".[4]

On the afternoon of April 22 the creators posted this statement to media outlets. [5]

"In the 14 years we’ve been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn’t stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn’t some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle’s customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn’t mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We’ll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we’ll see what happens to it."

and episode 200's entry goes into more detail about what happened:

200 (South Park) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The website for the organization Revolution Muslim, a New York-based radical Muslim organization, posted an entry that included a warning to creators Parker and Stone that they risk violent retribution for their depictions of Muhammad. It said that they "will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show." Filmmaker Theo Van Gogh was murdered by an Islamic extremist in 2004 for making a short documentary on violence against women in some Islamic societies. The posting provided the addresses to Comedy Central in New York and the production company in Los Angeles. The author of the post, Abu Talhah al Amrikee, said it was meant to serve as a warning to Parker and Stone, not a threat, and that providing the addresses was meant to give people the opportunity to protest. The entry included audio clips of a sermon by radical preacher Anwar al-Awlaki calling for the assassination of anyone who has "defamed" Muhammad, saying, "Harming Allah and his messenger is a reason to encourage Muslims to kill whoever does that."[72][73] It also included a link to a 2009 Huffington Post article that gave details of Stone and Parker's mansion in Colorado,[73] and images of Ayaan Hirsi Ali, an activist writer and critic of Islam who lives in permanent security protection due to threats.[74] Comedy Central declined to comment on the post.[73]

Despite al Amrikee's claims that the website entry was a warning, several media outlets and observers interpreted it as a threat.[75][76][77] Ayaan Hirsi Ali dismissed claims that the website entry was just a warning, calling it "an assault on the freedom of expression" that should not be marginalized or overlooked. She said of the episode, "The 'South Park' episode of last weekend was not just funny, and it wasn't just witty. [It] addressed an essential piece in the times that we are living. There is one group of people, one religion that is claiming to be above criticism."[75] CNN journalist Anderson Cooper said of the episode, "You might not like 'South Park' the cartoon. You might think it's offensive. [But] the notion that some radical Islamic group in America would make a threat, even a veiled one, against two men's lives because of it is chilling."[75] Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly said he would have advised Parker and Stone not to do the episode out of fear of retaliation: "On the one hand you do have to admire their courage. But I don't know whether the risk-reward [ratio] is worth it."[76] The Daily Telegraph writer Douglas Murray said the entry only gave "200" more legitimacy, writing: "[It] of course just confirms the point that the South Park boys were making. [...] I'd have said that was point proved. South Park 1: Islamists 0."[74]

We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them.

“”Abu Talhah al Amrikee

so great the fears to watch what we say for fear of being attacked has led to....more extremists it looks like

that just seems weird though....why would CC bleep that out then based off what Matt and Trey said; something doesn't feel like it's adding up completely

I'm guessing since the speech had to do with not giving in to fear and censoring stuff, which CC did, they decided to bleep it. Stupid but I wouldn't put it past them at that point.

i think they have to wait a set amount of time for all recently aired episodes before the can stream, not just these.

No, my friend always watches them the day after on there, and people reported last night about the message on the site saying they couldn't show it.

k. just an observation. i noticed that several of their episodes were like that from this past season and just made the assumption.

I thought 200-201 was great.

Tom Cruise on the moon at the end nearly made me fall out of my chair.
I was thinking Imaginationland or that planet where they sent starving marvin and the rest of the Ethiopians. I thought their choice was perfect. The best part is the boys have no idea. :eek:lol:

I was thinking Imaginationland or that planet where they sent starving marvin and the rest of the Ethiopians. I thought their choice was perfect. The best part is the boys have no idea. :eek:lol:

Oh no, the boys knew that's where they weer sending him :)

don't know but i've still yet to see that episode. good job comedy central

word i've seen is they've put stuff in place so that the episode won't air again until May 15 at earliest....b/c they're worried about being attacked by "Revolution Muslim" :ermm:

VN Store

Back