Official Vols vs Memphis game thread

Am I wrong or did Erin look like she had the hots for Bruce? The man has chutzpa!

Please excuse if misspelled.

That was a hard fought game and our guys stepped up and made their free throws down the stretch and Tyler Smith showed us again he is the go to guy in the clutch, then the great Chris Lofton finishes it off with 2 free throws on a tough night for him. I can't believe we're #1 but hope we are come the first week of April. Pearl out dueled Callipari and Dorsey continues to be a great talent who has never learned to quit fouling. Both teams might see each other again at the Alamo. Go Vols!
Fergie i hope so, u know though Davey Crockett dies at the Alamo. just kidddin though would make a hellova Nat'l Championship.

Gah, what a great feeling! :cray:

Tennessee is #1 in College Basketball! Can you guys believe it?

Just beat the #1 team in the country, on the road, in a game that had the whole country's attention for a week.

Unfreakinbelievable!! :yahoo:

Your damn right were number 1. I just am praying that we do not have an emotional hangover when we play Vandy on Tuesday.

The Pearlster is now 2-1 against Cal. The home win streak is over. The undefeated season is lost. The #1 ranking is lost. I'd say he's upset.
Memphis needed to lose and i'm kinda relieved they finally lost. Pearl had great playcalling with attacking the basket. Memphis needs to become tougher. Tennessee was a better team tonite and yes FT's lost the game for Memphis.

Wow what a feeling this is!!!! I honestly cannot believe it! It is really hard to be quiet when your kids are in bed!!!!!!! GO BIG ORANGE !!!! WE ARE #1!!!!!!

QUOTE=Volz4lif3;1231204]Memphis needed to lose and i'm kinda relieved they finally lost. Pearl had great playcalling with attacking the basket. Memphis needs to become tougher. Tennessee was a better team tonite and yes FT's lost the game for Memphis.[/QUOTE]

That is the most sorry excuse I have ever heard of. You cannot possibly be relieved that the team you are a fan of just lost to an in-state, OOC rival.

Cal said they were already Tn's team and after this game they were going to be America's team.....ha !!

Cal is outa jokes now.

And, oh yeah Cal, PJ who ?

Memphis is our B**** !

THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE !

Soak it up Pearl. #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

:cray:

If the University of Mexico gets into the NCAA tournament, I'll be worried.

UNM is 22-6 and having a pretty good year. Sorry I live in Albuquerque and my grandmother thinks it's Mexico. I had to suffer through being the only fan at the Pit in our loss to UNM 2 years ago. But who cares we are #1.

QUOTE=Volz4lif3;1231204]Memphis needed to lose and i'm kinda relieved they finally lost. Pearl had great playcalling with attacking the basket. Memphis needs to become tougher. Tennessee was a better team tonite and yes FT's lost the game for Memphis.

That is the most sorry excuse I have ever heard of. You cannot possibly be relieved that the team you are a fan of just lost to an in-state, OOC rival.[/QUOTE]

That's like saying I'm glad the best girl friend any man could have just walked out with the guy in school I hate the worst.

The refs did a very good job of not being noticed for the most part. They called a fair game with the exception of a few questionable calls that will always be there. That is absolutly rediculous to be blaming the refs on that game.

THANKS TO THE VOLS.....great game guys and way to hang in there...they did a good job of keeping Lofton contained but this team finds a way to WIN! To go into MEMPHIS and win with all the hype and enthusiastic fans really shows the depth and fortitude of this team!! UNBELIEVABLE WIN FOR THE VOL NATION....thanks guys! You deserve to be #1!

VN Store

Back