'24 OK EDGE Danny Okoye (OK commit)

We still need more bodies in this class to keep a good rotation. We'll probably lose at least 3 after this season. Could be more if one of the Jrs has a really good season and gets a good draft grade.
About how many spots do we have left?

About how many spots do we have left?
That's the real question, and I don't have the answer.

IMO, we need two interior DL and probably another Edge.

If we have the numbers, it would be nice to add another WR and TE.

If we still have the numbers, another OT or DB would be nice, too.

Then you have the wildcards, like Chris Cole. I think we're good at LB with what we already have, but if a guy like Chris Cole wants in, you find a way to make room. The same could be true of other players closer to the ESP. If players of a certain talent level decide they want in, you're put in the position of finding a way to make the numbers work.

The flip part of all of this, do the players we have committed now stay committed and sign a NLI when the time comes? This is why recruiting season is such a rollercoaster. All we can really do is enjoy the ride. But we'll speculate all kinds of what ifs along the way.

Then you have the wildcards, like Chris Cole. I think we're good at LB with what we already have, but if a guy like Chris Cole wants in, you find a way to make room. The same could be true of other players closer to the ESP. If players of a certain talent level decide they want in, you're put in the position of finding a way to make the numbers work.

The flip part of all of this, do the players we have committed now stay committed and sign a NLI when the time comes? This is why recruiting season is such a rollercoaster. All we can really do is enjoy the ride. But we'll speculate all kinds of what ifs along the way.
As the season ends Coaches will process the roster. Some will leave and spots will be made usually

We still have several (DL, LB, WR, O-Line, DB) targets left on the board that appears to be a realistic shot at landing. It feels like we will take more than 22. At the minimum 23…

We still have several (DL, LB, WR, O-Line, DB) targets left on the board that appears to be a realistic shot at landing. It feels like we will take more than 22. At the minimum 23…
Seems like the (at least semi) realistic targets atm are Wingo, Mikell, Saleapaga, Okoye, Cole, possibly Seaton, possibly Schunke, and possibly Nasir Smith.

Then there are guys we're at least rumored to be trying to flip, like Cai Bates, Kameryn Fountain, Demello Jones, and it wouldn't surprise me if we're still talking to Nwaneri, and possibly even Franklin.

It would not surprise me if our staff were talking to guys we have no clue about. That's recruiting. We have no idea what their actual board looks like, and who else they might at least be semi pursuing. So, IMO, the number of guys we end up taking really depends on how many of the guys we want say yes to coming here. And, again IMO, I think we want more than the 22-23 number being floated. But I could be wrong.

Seems like the (at least semi) realistic targets atm are Wingo, Mikell, Saleapaga, Okoye, Cole, possibly Seaton, possibly Schunke, and possibly Nasir Smith.

Then there are guys we're at least rumored to be trying to flip, like Cai Bates, Kameryn Fountain, Demello Jones, and it wouldn't surprise me if we're still talking to Nwaneri, and possibly even Franklin.

It would not surprise me if our staff were talking to guys we have no clue about. That's recruiting. We have no idea what their actual board looks like, and who else they might at least be semi pursuing. So, IMO, the number of guys we end up taking really depends on how many of the guys we want say yes to coming here. And, again IMO, I think we want more than the 22-23 number being floated. But I could be wrong.

Add Amaris Williams to the possible flips. If Florida tanks and we whip them, he’s very realistic.

Spot on IMO. There’s probably a group of guys they wouldn’t turn down regardless, and the shape we’re in with each of them is on a spectrum from really good (eg Okoye) to highly unlikely (eg, Nwaneri).

Then as you noted they’ll keep evaluating the high school and JUCO ranks and inevitably add a couple to that board.

All of that will happen with the continued evaluation of the current roster to see what they think they need in the portal (and be ready with those evals once someone jumps in. That is, is he an immediate offer guy or no?) plus who’s likely to leave and create a new spot.

That’s why they’ve got a whole player personnel staff.

Spot on IMO. There’s probably a group of guys they wouldn’t turn down regardless, and the shape we’re in with each of them is on a spectrum from really good (eg Okoye) to highly unlikely (eg, Nwaneri).

Then as you noted they’ll keep evaluating the high school and JUCO ranks and inevitably add a couple to that board.

All of that will happen with the continued evaluation of the current roster to see what they think they need in the portal (and be ready with those evals once someone jumps in. That is, is he an immediate offer guy or no?) plus who’s likely to leave and create a new spot.

That’s why they’ve got a whole player personnel staff.

I think Bates, Fountain, Cole, Wingo, Okoye, Amaris Williams, and Mikell are guys who will have a spot regardless. Guessing Saleapaga would too.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I think Bates, Fountain, Cole, Wingo, Okoye, Amaris Williams, and Mikell are guys who will have a spot regardless. Guessing Saleapaga would too.

Not sure on Saleapaga because we’re going to need at least one portal TE. I’d say Seaton has a spot on that list for sure. He might be in my top three biggest wants with Cole and Okoye.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Not sure on Saleapaga because we’re going to need at least one portal TE. I’d say Seaton has a spot on that list for sure. He might be in my top three biggest wants with Cole and Okoye.

This kid/fountain, Cole, and Seaton are my top 3 wants left as well

then Wingo or Mikel

Reactions: jvols1999
Anyone have an idea of space we’d save/have for the portal? Is that a post season thing once we figure out areas to plug. I only ask if we just add this guy and maybe wingo do We just portal shop unless something on the flip front comes up?

VN Store

Back