'24 OK EDGE Danny Okoye (OK commit)

We were there in 2014. We didn’t know anybody. Just wondering around.

Every tailgate we passed, people were offering us food and drink. Super nice… like crazy nice. Great place.

This last tailgate wouldn’t let us leave lol. So we stayed…. And look who popped in

View attachment 576995
We most likely passed each other. Didn’t see the Boz tho.

That was the game that inspired our own checkered Neyland iirc.

Danny Okoye is coming off his Oklahoma trip and from all indications, the Sooners have grabbed a bunch of momentum. If he was picking today, I would definitely take the home state team. Tennessee has continued to talk to him and hope to get him on campus at the end of the month still, but unless that happens their chances have dwindled dramatically.
-VQ

We most likely passed each other. Didn’t see the Boz tho.

That was the game that inspired our own checkered Neyland iirc.
Yea they had it striped that day.

Boz was cool. Talk about beloved though. Was like a combo of Ric Flair, Ironman, & Elvis walking around that place - people couldn’t get enough.

It was a great time.

Fascinations with alligators or jorts. There’s no explaining it.
I remember the day he called me. He was at some sports store getting Tennessee gear for the season. His son threw a fit wanting a shirt with the “big alligator” on it. So he went and bought a child’s Locost shirt and hoping it would work.

NOPE.

The child’s mom bought him a UF sweatshirt that was a little oversized and that became HIS thing to wear. Almost like a child and a blanket or teddy bear. So funny but also a worst nightmare scenario.

I remember the day he called me. He was at some sports store getting Tennessee gear for the season. His son threw a fit wanting a shirt with the “big alligator” on it. So he went and bought a child’s Locost shirt and hoping it would work.

NOPE.

The child’s mom bought him a UF sweatshirt that was a little oversized and that became HIS thing to wear. Almost like a child and a blanket or teddy bear. So funny but also a worst nightmare scenario.
Should have sat him down and made him watch Lake Placid then....

maxresdefault.jpg

Never been for a game looking forward to it. When he chose OU we immediately figured out that game and the whole family is going down. It’ll be interesting which of our kids wear Orange. I raised them UT fans but now their brother goes to OU. But even he is like “I gotta pull OU but UT for everything else.” 😂 I assured him OU won’t ever take UT from my top spot…sorry bud
I understand

Reactions: hooter vol

NOPE.

Were they divorced? There is no way my wife would buy my son a florida shirt. My mom wanted to buy my son a Braves shirt…. i told her i would set it on fire whether he was wearing it or not. 🤣

He is a Vols, Steelers, Dodgers and 76ers fan just like his dad

Were they divorced? There is no way my wife would buy my son a florida shirt. My mom wanted to buy my son a Braves shirt…. i told her i would set it on fire whether he was wearing it or not. 🤣

I did the same thing with my sons when they were in elementary school. I told them both absolutely no Florida or Alabama crap comes into our house. I said "if you ever come home with their gear, I will burn it and if you are wearing it at the time, you will get hot."

Raise em right

GO VOLS

No. His wife doesn’t really care about football. We thought of ways to “accidentally” destroy the shirt but in the end, he couldn’t do it because his son loved it.

When my son was 3 and we were playing Kentucky, my son said he liked the blue team because blue was his favorite color. I just told him that liking any other team wasn’t allowed at my house. He’s a Vols fan now though at 13

Volbeast when choosing which teams to root for:

Attachments

• 5ty8pt.png
    5ty8pt.png
    507.8 KB · Views: 2
On Tennessee: “It is about how hard they have recruited me. Tennessee is one of the schools that has recruited me the longest. From the beginning, they have kept up the energy. Others have been up and down, but that is where Tennessee has been different. I feel wanted and the effort made a difference. I am not just a guy for them or another name on the roster.”
c.simmons

VN Store

Back