Olympic Athlete Turns Her Back on the US Flag as Star Spangled Banner Played

She didn't do anything she doesn't have the right to do, so personally I do not care. Just like I don't care about kneeling. The fact that people get so riled up over this crap is ridiculous. Jmo.
I agree to a point but I also understand that the flag means so much to so many people….. they know it is going to piss those people off which is why they protest in that manner.

200.gif

She didn't do anything she doesn't have the right to do, so personally I do not care. Just like I don't care about kneeling. The fact that people get so riled up over this crap is ridiculous. Jmo.

If they had a rule about being an activist while participating in any of the competitions then she didn’t have a right. It’s also pretty stupid to want to represent a country you hate and do so just to have a platform to show it.

What is the point in it really? She have some message America has not heard? Is she pleading for inteference from the international community like one from an authoritarian regime?
There is nothing to be gained from this other than her self preseving hopes of fame and money

I agree to a point but I also understand that the flag means so much to so many people….. they know it is going to piss those people off which is why they protest in that manner.

I think these protesters and the butt hurt flag lovers are ridiculous because they pay far too much attention to a damn piece of cloth.

If they had a rule about being an activist while participating in any of the competitions then she didn’t have a right. It’s also pretty stupid to want to represent a country you hate and do so just to have a platform to show it.
I'm sure she doesn't hate America. She probably just recognizes there are flaws and hopes to change them. Idk though I've never even heard of her I didn't even know hammer throwing was an actual olympic thing.

I think these protesters and the butt hurt flag lovers are ridiculous because they pay far too much attention to a damn piece of cloth.
I don’t like hearing about it but I understand….. I had been taught since I was little about respecting the flag and still teach it to my kids…. As a protestor…. They do something they know will piss people off bc it it a way to draw attention to their cause.

I'm sure she doesn't hate America. She probably just recognizes there are flaws and hopes to change them. Idk though I've never even heard of her I didn't even know hammer throwing was an actual olympic thing.

I’m sure she has a laundry list of faux issues eating her up.

I can get behind kneeling. I can't get behind turning your back. That's just... No.
Meh
My family has all served and some have died so that people like her are free to piss on that sacrifice if they feel the need. She free to feel oppressed and I’m free to feel she an entitled **** bag.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Free speech is like having a gun. It's great, it's fun, it can be used in many different ways. But the secret is knowing when is the right time to use it and how to use it at that time.
Also much like having a gun, no one likes the idea of limiting access or taking them away. We'll, that's my opinion anyway.

No, Americans are promised free speech without fear of reprisal from the government. It says nothing about speech free from consequences from your fellow citizens.

I'm so tired of the Woke. Personally I have been enjoying most of the Olympic Trial events. I have not watched it all, but the best has been the lack of concocted social justice stories. It's enjoyable watching sports for sports. It makes you pull for the competitors. You want to see Americas best. You like the young up in comers. You realize many of the athletes love representing the red, white and blue. Then you realize it's the few divisive ones that drag everybody else down in this environment.

VN Store

Back