Oregon Game Travel

I plan on making this trip on about $200-$300.

Away student ticket: $70 ( maybe...)
Gas split like 5 ways: $50ish
Beer: $40ish
Food: $70ish

Where are you driving from? If Knoxville, there is no way $50 will cover it in gas.

Where are you driving from? If Knoxville, there is no way $50 will cover it in gas.

Yeah, from Knoxville. It's about 2600 miles from here to Eugene, OR. My friend's car gets about 40mpg, so that comes out to anywhere from 60-70 gallons. I'll assume anywhere from $3-$4 for gas per gallon. Split five ways is about $50-$60.

No joke. The round trip is about 5300 miles. I've got an '03 Maxima, which thanks to a 6 spd manual can get about 30 mpg on the interstate, and assuming $3.50 per gallon, it would still cost me over $600 to drive out there. Also, I can't imagine wanting to make a 5300 mile journey with 5 people in my car. They'll probably want to budget quite a bit more than $50 for gas a person if they're really driving from Knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, from Knoxville. It's about 2600 miles from here to Eugene, OR. My friend's car gets about 40mpg, so that comes out to anywhere from 60-70 gallons. I'll assume anywhere from $3-$4 for gas per gallon. Split five ways is about $50-$60.

You planning on staying in Eugene once you get there, or were you also wanting to come back to Knoxville after the game?

Reactions: 3 people

Whew. I'm stationed out here on the Oregon Coast and unless you and you're buddies are just wanting a road trip, I recommend you fly. I've made the drive from here to Tennessee 3 times and there are parts of it that are downright miserable. I've driven a different way each time. A north route, south route, and middle route. The Northern route is by far the most scenic.

Luckily and unluckily, I am being restationed to Mobile , AL in June so I will not be able to make this game, but ill be close enough to home that I may be able to buy season tickets!!

Reactions: 1 person
If any Booster/AD rep has any more information on "premium away tickets" for this game, please let me know. Im currently in the Military and want to see my Vols play for the first time live! Or, any available sideline passes. I just want to have the best experience possible. Im willing to pay whatever!!! Peopleslcp@gmail.com :hi:

Last edited:
Also, just for discussion purposes, I drive a Pathfinder that gets about 20 MPG or so on the highway. A drive to Tennessee is about 1100 gas round trip for me.

This intrigues me. I'll give you sixty each for gas one way but no car will get 40 mpg with 5 adults and luggage. So est maybe 35. Also the trip is 40 hrs. Assuming the game is at 8 EST, are you planning on leaving around midnight on Thursday?

You planning on staying in Eugene once you get there, or were you also wanting to come back to Knoxville after the game?

Ok...fair enough, I forgot about the trip back haha. But still, that'll be $120 or $130 max. Going 5 deep might not be ideal, but we're college students so we can't really complain.

Ok...fair enough, I forgot about the trip back haha. But still, that'll be $120 or $130 max. Going 5 deep might not be ideal, but we're college students so we can't really complain.

Still less than half the price of flying. Is this car you guys are planning on taking fairly new and reliable? 5300 miles in less than a week is a lot for a car and it would SUCK to end up broke down somewhere in the middle of Wyoming. It'll be crowded in a small car like that, but you'll still probably have a blast. I've got a couple friends who did a cross country road trip several years ago and they had a great time.

Flying out of Chatt will cost me around $210/ticket (If im able to go/friends do not back out). Fly to Charlotte, to Phoenix ,then to Portland. Not sure on getting a room in Portland or Eugene. I know the drive between the two cities is around 1.5 hours. If im wrong id like to know more ab that travel. Get a rental car, hotel, food, and alcohol should be around $1k.

Last edited:
:yes:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any other Vol diehards planning on making the trip to Eugene for the big game vs the Ducks?!! I cant wait for this trip. First time ever to that region of the country. Starting off and flying into Portland for a night of partying. Then, head into Eugene Friday night or Sat am depending on when kickoff is. Im thinking it will be like the Cal game in 07...it was like 515pm Pacific time..it was perfect!

I guess we are staying at the Holiday Inn in Eugene. Where are most Vol fans staying? Anybody know the scene up there in Eugene? Im sure the UT Aumni Association will be throwing a party as usual, but they can be quite lame lol

If anybody can share some info about their trip or the gameday scene in Eugene, its more than welcomed here!

Lets pull off the stunner and show the world CBJ is our Messiah!

Nice! I was thinking the same thing. I've heard it's pretty nice out there, though.

Plus, I don't know of too many cars that get 40 MPG with 5 people in them.

Flying out of Chatt will cost me around $210/ticket (If im able to go/friends do not back out). Fly to Charlotte, to Phoenix ,then to Portland. Not sure on getting a room in Portland or Eugene. I know the drive between the two cities is around 1.5 hours. If im wrong id like to know more ab that travel. Get a rental car, hotel, food, and alcohol should be around $1k.

you sure about $210/tik? that's incredibly cheap for ANY day of the year

you sure about $210/tik? that's incredibly cheap for ANY day of the year

Yes. The actual price is $207. I know someone who works with the airport here in Chattanooga and they get these kind of discounts(I could fly round trip from Chatt to Tampa for $60-$70). Its actually pretty sweet bc if not for this price then no way I would be thinking of going.

good ole america's best value in perfect for someone fresh outta college...booked through expedia 13th-15th for 125.00 total...it isn't in downtown eugene near the campus but its not that far away from the stadium and what not

VN Store

Back