Oregon Game Travel

It all depends on the conference.
Obviously the Pac-12 doesnt have the same alcohol restrictions as the SEC.

I know that at FSU you can buy liquor drinks in the stadium.

That said, can you imagine the insanity if SEC stadiums served liquor inside the game?

People would die.
:eek:hmy:

Has nothing to do with the SEC that I know of. I could be wrong. But with UT, I'm pretty sure it's a TN legislation issue. No public TN universities can serve alcohol.

Doesn't vandy serve booze?

In Oregon, they probably serve pot at the games.

It's a little under 120 miles.

It can take considerably longer than 2 hours with game day traffic.

Watch out for cops!

I got a ticket from Ponch and John heading out of Eugene back to Portland. Like $120 or something!

Those treehuggers don't play!

Have fun Vol Fans!
:hi:

Has nothing to do with the SEC that I know of. I could be wrong. But with UT, I'm pretty sure it's a TN legislation issue. No public TN universities can serve alcohol.

Apparently the SEC has a rule banning alcohol sales in general public seating areas, but not in private areas, such as luxury boxes.

here's an article from 2011 talking about LSU debating liquor sales:

Opinion: I Hope They Serve Beer in Tiger Stadium

Oh, okay. Well I'm pretty sure there is TN legislation on top of that. So UT couldn't even sell it in the suites.

Read about that & excited for it.

Seems that there is an indoor "beer garden" pre-game tailgate with live music on campus in the football practice facility game day. AND you can get a pass-out to head back there for half time brews.

My question is: how can they get away with serving alcohol on campus? Wish we could do the same in Thompson–Boling. That would be awesome.

I went last year with the hubby, it was pretty cool. The have a bunch of big screen TVs set up so you can watch the other games. The beer and food are pretty good and not too expensive.

It all depends on the conference.
Obviously the Pac-12 doesnt have the same alcohol restrictions as the SEC.

I know that at FSU you can buy liquor drinks in the stadium.

That said, can you imagine the insanity if SEC stadiums served liquor inside the game?

People would die.
:eek:hmy:

Oregon serves beer and wine outside the stadium. PK Park (baseball stadium) next to Autzen functions as a outdoor food and beer patio, the Moshofsky Center functions as an indoor beer garden. It's also next to the stadium. Other than that, they do serve alcohol in the skybox area. Of course access is limited to ticket holders for the skyboxes.

No metal plastic or glass containers are allowed to be brought into the stadium. Backpacks and purses etc are checked at the gates.

Weak:bad:

Is it true that there won't even be a reduced size POTSMB traveling to Oregon?

If so, that is very disappointing.

Well when your talking about 3k + a person to make the trip I think now is the right time to start planning for it

$3,000/person?
Are you serious?
Do you plan on taking a Hummer limo?

~$700 for plane ticket
~$100/night for hotel
~100 per ticket if you want good seats.
Unless you're tipping the bell hop big time, you're not spending 3,000.

VN Store

Back