Oscar Ratings Crash

There are a lot of things that people watch that I'll never understand either, like "the bachelor" and conversely "the bachelorette", I could go on and cite most TV programs that are on the air today.
You not a fan of the Kar-trashians?

Pretty entertaining Oscars breakdown. "It was quite a telecast. They eliminated clips and jokes which I thought were two essential parts of the Oscars...turns out they were essential. Guess what I missed? Clips and jokes."

Oscars and Grammys suck now. The movies are horrible and don't even get me started on the crap a$$ "music" today.
What happened to movies that make for just good 'ole entertainment?
I also want my "sex, drugs, and rock n roll" music back.

What the crap is this? Top 10 songs:
  1. SteadyRapstarPolo G
  2. RisingLeave The Door OpenSilk Sonic (Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak)
  3. RisingPeachesJustin Bieber Featuring Daniel Caesar & Giveon
  4. FailingMontero (Call Me By Your Name)Lil Nas X
  5. RisingLevitatingDua Lipa Featuring DaBaby
  6. FailingSave Your TearsThe Weeknd
  7. RisingAstronaut In The OceanMasked Wolf
  8. FailingKiss Me MoreDoja Cat Featuring SZA
  9. FailingUpCardi B
  10. FailingDrivers LicenseOlivia Rodrigo

And these are the best movies?

"Minari"
"Nomadland" *WINNER
"Promising Young Woman"
"Sound of Metal"
"The Trial of the Chicago 7″

Reactions: hog88
Oscars and Grammys suck now. The movies are horrible and don't even get me started on the crap a$$ "music" today.

1. SteadyRapstarPolo G
  9. FailingUpCardi B

"Minari"
"Nomadland" *WINNER
"Promising Young Woman"
"Sound of Metal"

Movies and music for simple tastes still exist. Fret not. If that's not enough, you can always get your Creed fix on Spotify.

Pretty entertaining Oscars breakdown. "It was quite a telecast. They eliminated clips and jokes which I thought were two essential parts of the Oscars...turns out they were essential. Guess what I missed? Clips and jokes."

It's good to see that Frances McDormand got all dressed up for such a glitzy glam hoo ha.

Reactions: StarRaider
Movies and music for simple tastes still exist. Fret not. If that's not enough, you can always get your Creed fix on Spotify.

Music above is the equivalent of the cheeseburger at McDonald's. I guess that passes as complex tastes in your world.

1. SteadyRapstarPolo G
  9. FailingUpCardi B

"Minari"
"Nomadland" *WINNER
"Promising Young Woman"
"Sound of Metal"

Well it was a bad year for collaboration and creativity given the fact that we were all in our own homes dealing with a deadly pandemic.

Certainly the worst list of best picture nominees in 100 years but also the biggest pandemic in 100 years

We put on Netflix and watched Peaky Blinders. 15 years ago, I would have had to have the season on a $35 DVD set to watch a cool show on-demand like that.

Sorry to bump this older topic but dude, for those that don't know Peaky Blinders is definitely binge worthy! At first I wasn't sure about it but after getting through a few episodes I was hooked. Hate it that Helen McCrory passed away (Polly). I loved her character. I think they're planning on one more season if COVId hasn't permanently changed those plans. Guess they'll handle her absence somehow but what a gritty hardcore series. Another season will be a nice wrap and not drag on.

BTW...Helen McCrory is in another limited series. Don't remember the name but she plays an attorney defending a guy wrongly convicted. I think it's Prime. Seems Prime picked up some UK shows during the pandemic to fill some new content holes. Check it out

VN Store

Back