Our chances at Oregon.....

Well someone needs to put down the meth and consider mary-ja-wanna or copious amounts of Valium with their morning lithium...

At any rate, after reviewing the RBs highlight tape and other Oregon footage it's pretty clear that talent isn't what the ducks rely on. They play a game of pure misdirection and play execution not athletic speed (their speed is in terms of game pacing/tempo), super-athleticism, or anything else. It's system designed to be plug n' play -- the athletes don't have to be stars to perform like stars, they simply have to be good enough and conditioned enough to execute the plan.

That strength is also Oregon's weakness. Every cog must function properly but more importantly, every play must also function perfectly within a set of 3 to 4 as each step or down is a set up with the next the move already determined. For all the talk of speed/no-huddle, play calling is absolutely their lifeblood. How well their new Coach can orchestrate the dance of misdirection Oregon relies upon and how well he can adjust to various wrenches thrown into the machine remains to be seen. I think they could run on fumes in terms of knowing the playbook and still be a good team but the ability to get the sequences right and react to those wrenches isn't something Oregon should take for granted with a coaching transition.

It's not an unwinnable game for us talent wise. However, our own transition and the lack of time we've had to prepare make it a very difficult game for us to win.

Reactions: 4 people
I am sure most people would feel better about this game of we had a defense with a pulse last year and any idea of what kind of QB performance to expect. Some of you have a lot more faith than I do, but I look forward to watching the game win or lose.

I do however believe in about 3 seasons from now we will be big and fast enough that we would do to Oregon what LSU did to them. Oregon is good. They aren't the best of the SEC good however. Unfortunately we aren't either........yet.

I do however believe in about 3 seasons from now we will be big and fast enough that we would do to Oregon what LSU did to them. Oregon is good. They aren't the best of the SEC good however. Unfortunately we aren't either........yet.

EXACTLY, Oregon has most likely reached their peek, new coach etc., etc. - we on the other hand have hit bottom and are on our way back. I think Oregon is fairly talented, but playing in the SEC, they would be average. Attrition is a *****, Poduck is just an ignorant fan, troll, homer with serious jealousy of the SEC conference. Nothing new to see here.

BUT check PODUCKS post- "they are almost there", LMAO, sounds like a Vanderbilt fan.
FACT we have a BCS NC, YOU DO NOT !!!

EXACTLY, Oregon has most likely reached their peek, new coach etc., etc. - we on the other hand have hit bottom and are on our way back. I think Oregon is fairly talented, but playing in the SEC, they would be average. Attrition is a *****, Poduck is just an ignorant fan, troll, homer with serious jealousy of the SEC conference. Nothing new to see here.

BUT check PODUCKS post- "they are almost there", LMAO, sounds like a Vanderbilt fan.
FACT we have a BCS NC, YOU DO NOT !!!

We have multiple NC's period. The Ducks have a long way to go to get on UT's level. We've got around 200 more wins overall as a program, so they're not catching us anytime soon. They might beat us again this year, but i wouldn't trade anything we've accomplished.

At any rate, after reviewing the RBs highlight tape and other Oregon footage it's pretty clear that talent isn't what the ducks rely on. They play a game of pure misdirection and play execution not athletic speed (their speed is in terms of game pacing/tempo), super-athleticism, or anything else. It's system designed to be plug n' play -- the athletes don't have to be stars to perform like stars, they simply have to be good enough and conditioned enough to execute the plan.

This could be one of the most insanely idiotic statements in a thread full of them. Thomas is a consensus 5-star guy and one of the most electric players in college football right now. If he is not "super-athletic", then no one in college football is.

Reactions: 2 people
This could be one of the most insanely idiotic statements in a thread full of them. Thomas is a consensus 5-star guy and one of the most electric players in college football right now. If he is not "super-athletic", then no one in college football is.

You done kissing Oregon's a**? Makes me sick.

Reactions: 2 people

Reading comprehension -- you should try it. :good!:

Well someone needs to put down the meth and consider mary-ja-wanna or copious amounts of Valium with their morning lithium...

That strength is also Oregon's weakness. Every cog must function properly but more importantly, every play must also function perfectly within a set of 3 to 4 as each step or down is a set up with the next the move already determined. For all the talk of speed/no-huddle, play calling is absolutely their lifeblood. How well their new Coach can orchestrate the dance of misdirection Oregon relies upon and how well he can adjust to various wrenches thrown into the machine remains to be seen. I think they could run on fumes in terms of knowing the playbook and still be a good team but the ability to get the sequences right and react to those wrenches isn't something Oregon should take for granted with a coaching transition.

It's not an unwinnable game for us talent wise. However, our own transition and the lack of time we've had to prepare make it a very difficult game for us to win.

LOL

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ_eIM9EV0I[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OOba5A5V-A[/youtube]

^^Is it complex sentences and ideas that trouble you? Here's a hint: Oregon's system, how they function as a team, and what it's reliant upon is not a statement about specific players but rather what Oregon as a whole (a team and system) is dependent upon.

^^Is it complex sentences and ideas that trouble you? Here's a hint: Oregon's system, how they function as a team, and what it's reliant upon is not a statement about specific players but rather what Oregon as a whole is dependent upon.

LMAO

So, after reviewing Oregon's RB videos you saw nothing special about De'Anthony Thomas or Marcus Mariota? That tells us everything we need to know about your ability to judge talent. Add to that the fact that your only response when called on your BS is to try and insult the person calling BS tells us you aren't prepared/able to back up your spurious claims with facts.. Stick to what you know, there has to be a badminton thread around here somewhere.

I did not read the afore mentioned texts. I say that we go in with nothing to lose, feeling high and give them something that they don't expect. I call that a toss-up. I am closely watching what Butch and crew are doing and fear nobody......least of all a PAC 10 team.......no matter how much ya'll fear them. We will be the ones that scare people!!!!!

LMAO

So, after reviewing Oregon's RB videos you saw nothing special about De'Anthony Thomas or Marcus Mariota? That tells us everything we need to know about your ability to judge talent. Add to that the fact that your only response when called on your BS is to try and insult the person calling BS tells us you aren't prepared/able to back up your spurious claims with facts.. Stick to what you know, there has to be a badminton thread around here somewhere.

Again. Reading comprehension: you should try it.

Again, if, as you claim, De'Anthony Thomas is just an average RB, what does that make our RBs? Invalids? Corpses?

Reading comprehension: it's your friend if only you allow it to be. I never made any such claims about Thomas or any other specific player.

Reading comprehension: it's your friend if only you allow it to be. I never made any such claims about Thomas or any other specific player.

You claimed that Thomas was not especially athletic or especially fast. If Thomas isn't either of those things, who in college football is?

If you could put together a coherent sentence, maybe we could comprehend better. You said they rely on misdirection, not athleticism or talent at the RB position, correct?

Are you denying this?

If De'Anthony Thomas isn't special, who is? It's not a rhetorical question, give me your list of all the RBs in college football who are faster or more athletic than Thomas.

VN Store

Back