Paying Players Deal

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Seems the NCAA and the big conferences have come to terms about paying players. Will it make NIL less a mess? Got no idea. I expect CFB to officially become NFL farm teams, more so than ever. Meaning? Don't be surprised in NFL itself, or its teams individually, start investing in players early by contributing to the money pot, pre-draft contracts, or some other crazy stuff to assure they get players they covet. Overtly that is, as I suspect it already happens somewhat, under the table.
Source:

Seems the NCAA and the big conferences have come to terms about paying players. Will it make NIL less a mess? Got no idea. I expect CFB to officially become NFL farm teams, more so than ever. Meaning? Don't be surprised in NFL itself, or its teams individually, start investing in players early by contributing to the money pot, pre-draft contracts, or some other crazy stuff to assure they get players they covet. Overtly that is, as I suspect it already happens somewhat, under the table.
Source:
I don't understand the logistics in the NFL investing in college players. Are you talking about individual teams investing? Something like an NFL group fund investing?

Reactions: Vol8188
I don't understand the logistics in the NFL investing in college players. Are you talking about individual teams investing? Something like an NFL group fund investing?

Why not sell stock? You, too, can buy and sell futures on Ohio State football. Or UT. Or the Gators.

Yes, changed to be over. Just a matter of time now. Maybe 4-5 years.

A lot of schools will do the math and just give up. Can't blame them.
You skew pessimistic by default.

Everything will be okay.

Players in more control of their autonomy is a good thing. And if player autonomy destroys college football, it literally needed to be destroyed.

You skew pessimistic by default.

Everything will be okay.

Players in more control of their autonomy is a good thing. And if player autonomy destroys college football, it literally needed to be destroyed.
Nobody wants to say that part out loud, but it’s true. If the only thing holding it together was an illegal business model, why do I want to pine for the good ole days when people’s’ rights were getting trampled?

If players go on salary from their schools look for ticket prices to soar. Schools won’t do with less. Human nature

Reactions: Hbg
If players go on salary from their schools look for ticket prices to soar. Schools won’t do with less. Human nature
Yes, it will be a consumer tax. Pay these prices and pay NO MORE! They're gonna have to watch that or there'll be a bunch of Nascar stadiums w/ empty upper decks.

Reactions: JacketVol
Source:
Wouldn't be surprised to eventually see Football at bigger schools spin off to be like a club team that pays the school a licensing fee to use their name and logo while also making tuition to attend part of the deal.
I could see a NFL team getting on board early, seeing the writing on the wall that college football is about to become the NFL minor league to say, lock up player early
Some schools about to close shop on some sports. It'll be interesting to see what happens because of Title IX

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
So, will this mean contracts with players? Over 3 or 4 years? Will it kill the transfer portal or will teams have to pay damages to other schools buy outs for breaking the contract?

Wouldn't be surprised to eventually see Football at bigger schools spin off to be like a club team that pays the school a licensing fee to use their name and logo while also making tuition to attend part of the deal.
I could see a NFL team getting on board early, seeing the writing on the wall that college football is about to become the NFL minor league to say, lock up player early
Some schools about to close shop on some sports. It'll be interesting to see what happens because of Title IX
So we are going to end up with 16 premiere league schools where each one is a farm team for the NFL teams?

Ironically, UT ticket prices have never been higher, yet season tickets are sold out with another 15k on the waiting list.

People will keep paying to do things they love and want to do. It's the little guys like me that will stay home and watch their pirated streams.

Yes, changed to be over. Just a matter of time now. Maybe 4-5 years.

A lot of schools will do the math and just give up. Can't blame them.
The schools that can’t compete moneywise will get the scraps, just like how it’s been before. The top programs get the best, and the lower programs get what’s left. I don’t understand how money changes that.

Reactions: GAVol
Source:
It will have little or no effect in NIL.

An analogy is that if the NFL raised the Chief's salary cap, it would have zero effect on Patrick Mahomes' endorsement deals with State Farm.

Paying college athletes shouldn't move the NIL needle much, if at all. Two completely different sources of income.

VN Store

Back