Pentagon Wants Public’s Help To Rename Bases Honoring Confederates

Fort Sherman T Potter.

Fort Burns or Fort Hot Lips?

eb0077c3e94fd003658aa3da14f7922e.gif

And this right here is all we need to know about the current state of the Department of Defense.

I'm retired Navy. I live near a Navy base, and I still know a number of folks who are still active duty, or retired and have jobs on the base.

Their words: The Navy is a bunch of politically correct pu**ies now. And I'm hearing the same about the Army, and 3rd ID from the Ft. Stewart area.

But don't take my word for it. Ask the Taliban.

You really want the left digging up dirt on The General?

Or making **** up like they normally do?
There seems to be a lot of support to name Ft Benning after Lt Gen Hal Moore, highly decorated veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

Reactions: StarRaider
THE U.S. MILITARY IS LOSING SUPPORT, LOSING WARS, AND FAILING IN ITS MOST BASIC MISSION.

America’s military leaders have become a liability.

For the first two decades of the Global War on Terror, the U.S. military consistently ranked among the country’s most trusted institutions, in large part due to its perceived apolitical nature. By 2018, Americans had lost faith in public officials and public institutions in general, but a majority of citizens—80%—still remained confident in the military’s sanctity, according to a Pew Research survey. Over that same time period, aggressive leftist sentiments in Hollywood and professional sports drove patriotic, conservative Americans (traditionally the military’s staunchest supporters) to look elsewhere for entertainment. They found it in veterans returning home from the Middle East.
The military’s top echelon of woke commanders has succeeded in alienating the military from its most loyal advocates—conservatives are jumping ship.

An entire cult industry grew out of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, capitalizing on Middle America’s reverence for its warrior-heroes. Books chronicling the combat experiences of America’s special operators became instant best-sellers and sparked frenzied bidding wars for movie rights. Millions subscribed to veteran-run YouTube channels and podcasts. Gun manufacturers flooded the domestic consumer market with (previously nonexistent) desert tan-colored firearms, which allowed civilians to emulate their heroes fighting overseas. Veteran-owned startups selling military-themed goods from designer T-shirts to coffee beans experienced astronomical growth. As one Marine explained to me in 2016, “It doesn’t matter that their coffee sucks. You could stamp an SF (Special Forces) logo on a dog turd right now, and it would sell.” Support for the military was at an all-time high.

The U.S. Military Is Losing Support, Losing Wars, and Failing in Its Most Basic Mission. | Human Events

I ain't buyin' it.

They should just close them all down along with 30% of the other military bases.

The Armed Forces are national, not state. The Confederacy lost (as some people are still figuring out).

You want loser names on the bases? Build forts for southern state militias.

Hmm, most of these bases were named before we won WWII

Fort Moe
Fort Larry
Fort Curly
Fort Shemp.

If we need more names, we can go with the Marx Brothers. No @luthervol , not Karl. Groucho, Harpo, Chico, Gummo, and Zeppo.

Reactions: luthervol
There seems to be a lot of support to name Ft Benning after Lt Gen Hal Moore, highly decorated veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
Wasn't that who Mel Gibson plated in We Were Soldiers ?

VN Store

Back