Phillip Fulmer to step down per ESPN (mega-merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sad also. i knew i would be.

i wanted him to retire, but i always knew that i'd be kinda sad about it...

Everybody better put their butts in their seats at Neyland the last two home games.

Show the man respect and give him a standing ovation the last time he leaves the field.

It's what most of us have wanted, hopefully it is going to be want we wanted.

Everybody better put their butts in their seats at Neyland the last two home games.

Show the man respect and give him a standing ovation the last time he leaves the field.

It's what most of us have wanted, hopefully it is going to be want we wanted.

:good!:

Excited to be moving in a new direction, but I barely recollect Johnny Majors. Fulmer has always been Tennessee for me. I know it was time for him to go, but there's some sadness going along with it.

Thanks for the greatest run in Tennessee history, Phil.

As much as I wanted this to happen, I cannot but feel saddened too.

Dead on. As others have said, he did still win 150 games. Hats off to him. If I lived in east tennessee I'd be at the last few games for the sendoff.

Coach.... thank you for everything you have done for tennessee. i hope that we find some spot for you in the athletic department. its just the time has come for us to bring in somebody new. i really apreciate the way you have gone about representing tennessee. good luck and you will always be a vol.

Coach.... thank you for everything you have done for tennessee. i hope that we find some spot for you in the athletic department. its just the time has come for us to bring in somebody new. i really apreciate the way you have gone about representing tennessee. good luck and you will always be a vol.

well said.

This is probably a relief for Fulmer. Now all the speculation is over, he can relax and concentrate on finishing the year. Fulmer will always be remembered as a great coach for UT.

This kinda of feels like when you broke up with a really hot chick that was crazy in bed but just a total Bi^%$. You know you had to do it but there was always that little knot in your stomach, like man what did I just do!

Razorback fan here, I know how most of you feel. When we got rid of ole' nutters last year we were extremely happy. We got what we wanted in Bobby Petrino. Question for you guys, Who do you want as a head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back