Phillip Fulmer to step down per ESPN (mega-merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will cost us 6 mil, and they just said Chris Peterson could be on the Vol's radar for potential candidates to be a new coach, they didn't mention any other names on ESPN.
That would be one of the biggest mistakes in SEC football history hiring Chris Peterson.

Let Peterson go to Washington or wherever they're willing to overpay him like Colorado did with Dan Hawkins off of his success at Boise State.

For god sakes hire Bronco.

I am pleased to say that I am not a hypocrite who chastised, then felt sory. I thank Fulmer for all that he did, and I wouldn't mind him taking a front office job, because I don't want to see him leave Tennessee.

I wouldn't mind him taking a front office job or another job within the program, but I don't know if it would be a slap in the face for him.

If Fulmer is gone, I sure hope they get a better coach at UT.

That is not a guaranteed thing.

Wow, unbelievable. I am glad he resigned before he was fired. It was definitely time for him to go and at least he figured that out. Fulmer bleeds orange as much as any of us. Thanks coach.

A very sad day for me. Im only 19 so Phil has been the coach since I was a young boy watching the Volunteers. It looks like it was the best move for the University so hopefully now Tennessee can get back on top where they are supposed to be.:good!:

Razorback fan here, I know how most of you feel. When we got rid of ole' nutters last year we were extremely happy. We got what we wanted in Bobby Petrino. Question for you guys, Who do you want as a head coach?

You're not comparing Nutt's years at Arky to Fulmer's at UT, right?

Coach, I've called for this for a while now. Thank you for everything you've done for this program the last 30+ years. I'll never forget my first national championship. You gave me that. Thank you for that. Thank you for again doing the right thing for this program.

We'll miss you.

He doesn't need to be with in a 500 yard radius of that football team. Take him out all the way. Send him a packing.

I admit that I wanted this day to come for some time, but now that its here Im saddened. I never doubted Phil's love for the school.

That would be one of the biggest mistakes in SEC football history hiring Chris Peterson.

Let Peterson go to Washington or wherever they're willing to overpay him like Colorado did with Dan Hawkins off of his success at Boise State.

For god sakes hire Bronco.

Don't hire Bronco
Posted via VolNation Mobile

FREEDOM!!!!!

braverheartfreedom.jpeg

This has been a loong time coming. Just hope they get the right coach in there, and we don't have 5 years of Alabama coaching carousel... Now we just sit, and wait, and wait, and wait for the announcement of our new HC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I was in Columbia in '92 for that loss and I was there this past Saturday. Thanks Phil. But the change was needed.

Free at Last! Free at Last!
that's right. Let's get over the sentimental crap. We've paid the guy enormous amounts of money over the past decade to repeatedly underachieve. It's time to break out the Lysol and move on.

yeah, i agree 100%.
I hope he stays on and works with the Athletic Dept. but i seriously doubt that could ever happen.

It would not work. How would you like to be the new coach with the old one lurking over your shoulder.

People are gettin soft on here. Get your tissues out. You win some you lose some. He is starting to lose to many. He isn't dying. Man up

Does anyone else notice how an hour a ago people were trashing CPF, calling him the usual names and now everybody feels bad for him and wants to rally around him? If you have a subscription to Volquest, go over there and look at that. The whole first page of threads are about him stepping down. Can you say merge?

For myself, I abhorred those who called CPF names, and never did so, but I wanted him to go. Damned right I'm saddened, and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about it.

As much as I wanted this to happen, I cannot but feel saddened too.

I knew I would be sad when it happened, but it does bring new promise to the football team. Phil Fulmer was a great coach, his time just ran out. I don't even think hat can complain about the levels of success he brought in the late nineties and into this decade. He'll be a Hall of Famer and in about ten years will be remembered very fondly. It might not even take ten years for that part to happen. Cheers to you Phil and thank you for your service. You truly were a great Tennessee Volunteer and you always will be.

November 3rd, 2008

...Now the journey begins.

And this journey will take us down many roads, many more rumors, much speculation and possibly even some dead ends, but I feel confident that Mike Hamilton will find the right man for the job.... eventually.

I am very willing to accept it, but I think most on here need to face the realization, that no AD in the NCAA can make the right decision every time and Hamilton may not find another Pearl with his first selection. Again though, I am fine with that. If it takes two or three tries before we find our Urban Meyer or Nick Saban, then just keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back