Phillip Fulmer to step down per ESPN (mega-merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not comparing Nutt's years at Arky to Fulmer's at UT, right?

Coach, I've called for this for a while now. Thank you for everything you've done for this program the last 30+ years. I'll never forget my first national championship. You gave me that. Thank you for that. Thank you for again doing the right thing for this program.

We'll miss you.

No Not comparing job that they did, just some of the excitment that a coaching change can bring to a program.

I would have felt a little sad about this if it had happened three years ago, but by now I don't have any nostalgia left for it. The last four games against Florida and Alabama cured me of any of that.

Fulmer had a great run, but that run ended a long time ago. Glad to hear that he's apparently doing the right thing.

It had been mentioned (let's just say "often") that he should step down and yadda yadda basically do what he's doing. Obviously there are those that have nothing better to do than complain about how this should have happened "X time ago" but he's doing it now. I can only hope the majority of fans, regardless of their impatience up to this point, can give this guy who showed up on our campus what, nearly 40 years ago(?), a decent goodbye.

Prolly could have asked in the thread about the stepping down instead of starting a new thread. Are you trying to become the all time leader at the VN for thread starting?

Prolly could have asked in the thread about the stepping down instaead of starting a new thread. Are you trying to become the all time leader at the VN for thread starting?

he has way to much work ahead of him to pass OE or utfantilidie to reach that mark.

He'll coach November 29, 2008, his last game as head coach at Neyland Stadium. No reason for him not to.

That place is gonna be insane that night!!!

Prolly could have asked in the thread about the stepping down instaead of starting a new thread. Are you trying to become the all time leader at the VN for thread starting?

Considering that that thread is going as fast as it is, it would have probably been buried under the masses. So yes I started a thread, get over it.

As it should be. He has earned that right.

I agree, he's been too good of a coach the past few years to fire him in the middle of the season.

We can't get any better or worse this year, so he should stay, this coming out just means we can go ahead and start looking for new coaches before we waited to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back