Phillip Fulmer to step down per ESPN (mega-merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had been mentioned (let's just say "often") that he should step down and yadda yadda basically do what he's doing. Obviously there are those that have nothing better to do than complain about how this should have happened "X time ago" but he's doing it now. I can only hope the majority of fans, regardless of their impatience up to this point, can give this guy who showed up on our campus what, nearly 40 years ago(?), a decent goodbye.
does that include the millions, or do you just want a big shout?

So let me get this straight, he could have retired at any time and gotten a large sum of money. I understand he'll be compensated, but he can only get the full amount of the buyout if he's fired, which isn't happening.

Many thanks to Fulmer who gave me an awesome college football experience during my 4 years there. Couldn't have been better.

Now, let's get back to being the best damn football team in this country. GO VOLS!

I admit that I wanted this day to come for some time, but now that its here Im saddened. I never doubted Phil's love for the school.

I have the exact same feelings. Wish him luck and wish it could have ended better.

Its kinda bittersweet, but its okay CPF done the right thing... I think they need to let him run through the T by himself one last time.

I hope there replacement list gets better than what i just heard!!!

FXXX, who's our next head coach???????

Contact Bucs for permission to talk to Gruden!!!!!

So let me get this straight, he could have retired at any time and gotten a large sum of money. I understand he'll be compensated, but he can only get the full amount of the buyout if he's fired, which isn't happening.
are you under the impression that he didn't use the specter of hanging around until fired in negotiating his buyout.

Make no mistake, this is a firing with a nice name and discounted buyout.

Wow, just saw it on ESPN. Big day for Volnation. Phil you did the right thing in stepping down.

I could go lookin at 1000 sites but I want to stay here with my VN brothers and sisters to welcome in a new ERA!!!!! Go Vols

Who ya gonna git? Who you gonna get? Who you gonna get?

By god, we'll see you bunch of mouth breathers.

Do you think we would be getting this early christmas present had we beaten Alabama and South Carolina? I think not. The deed is done, I feel dirty for doing it, but it had to be done.

GO VOLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back