Pictures of Oregon

fellas no joke. im happy as hail for u. great pix. ive been out west.

but there aint nuthin', not one thang like a beautiful summer day, or fall in east tennessee. we live in asheville, and i cant deal with it anymore.

were headin' home.

Thought we could get a thread started for people that couldn't make the trip. I am in Bandon now, but will post pictures of Eugene when I get there tomorrow.

I'll start with some pictures of Bandon Dunes golf course, the #1 golf resort in the country. Saw a ton of other Vols there playing as well. Thankfully, I have a buddy that works there so we were able to get on for free.

Enjoy.

You know what makes Oregon the most beautiful?

The Tennessee Volunteers being there!
Eat some DUCK and spit the feathers!

GBO!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 1 person
I grew up in Joseph Oregon:

Wallowa Lake:

wallowa.jpg

Mirror Lake:

wallowa6.jpg

Horseshoe Lake:

wallowa11.jpg

Polaris Pass Eagle Cap Wilderness:

wallowa4.jpg

That John Denver was full of sh*t man...

Reactions: 2 people
Drove right through both. Again, I am not saying Oregon does not have it's beauty as I enjoyed driving through the state. Just saying the majority of Oregon is high plains desert which is OK. What I saw is not what I imagined Oregon would look like prior to visiting. Sounds like you west coast guys are a little sensitive about all the desert in your state. Don't be as it has it's own beauty.

Mid and west TN aren't that great either.....just a bunch of farm land

Ok, it is a video instead of a pic. BUT... we made it to a huge Octoberfest out here in Mt. Angel, Oregon on Thu. night.

The crowd taunted me to join the yodeling contest because I was wearing my UT orange.

See what happens.

It was pretty funny.

Reactions: 5 people
We have mountains too.

trmtbachelorpinemartenlodge1-jpg-06064d182bf985e6.jpg

Oregon_Wallowa_County_-_Eagle_Cap_Wilderness.jpg

Three-Sisters-Wilderness-at-Sunrise-Oregon-Cascade-Range-Oregon.jpg

mt-hood-5d0img17798-s.jpg

mount-hood-road-trip-1_22153_600x450.jpg

Three-Sisters-Mountains.jpg

mp541.jpg

mountains.jpg

8006828468_2aaf209f51.jpg

Mt-Bachelor-Ski-Resort.jpg

north+sister.jpg

04CRA0058-60pan-Three-Sisters-Wilderness.jpg

Donnelly_445.jpg

I'm as big of a fan of living in the state of Tennessee as anyone else. But from someone who loves hiking, game, set, match. Those lakes look like a solid sheet of crystal, like something you would see in a far away land. When the time is right I plan on doing a northern and southern trip(2 separate vacations) across the United States so I can check out every state west of the Mississippi. My cousin did this years ago and told me it was definitely one of those bucket list moments that you wanted to say you did.

I grew up in Joseph Oregon:

Wallowa Lake:

wallowa.jpg

Mirror Lake:

wallowa6.jpg

Horseshoe Lake:

wallowa11.jpg

Polaris Pass Eagle Cap Wilderness:

wallowa4.jpg

The pic of Wallowa Lake is off of the chain. One of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. This is coming from someone who has traveled outside of the country quite a few times.

WTD or Canard, do you have any fall foliage pictures of the Oregon high country? What do you consider to be some of the fall foliage hot spots in Oregon and how common are aspen there?

Fall in Oregon is by far my favorite time of the year, the Willamette Valley gets cool, foggy and looks a lot like New England only with doug firs, Big leaf maples and mountains lol. Central Oregon as well as Eastern has quite a few aspens.
Hood River:
20101108020757__mg_4674_11-8-10.jpg

Columbia Gorge:
9-041-Cherry-orchard-in-Columbia-River-Gorge-near-Moiser-Oregon.jpg

Eugene:
tumblr_m6e4g5wvMX1rw81apo1_500.jpg

37103-1920x1200.jpg

Wilamette Valley:
Fall-in-the-Willamette-Valley.jpg

Even Oregon's "ugly" SE High Desert has beautiful Aspens on Steens Mtn:
4267514759_b548b0fbc6_b.jpg

how does the historic dalles area rate on the scenic barometer?

dales1.jpg

mount_hood_the_dalles_2004.jpg

Going E-W down I-84 is a pretty awesome drive. On one side you have the Columbia Gorge and the other side you have the rolling green hills with windfarms. Same with Washington. Southern Washington and Oregon are about equal in these parts in scenic quality. Oregon has Mt. Hood in the backdrop so it gets a slight edge imo.

Last edited:
Goodness that's beautiful. Im stuck in Southern California with the Bro's and BroHo's. I wish to God i was in Oregon see the Vols play their butts off. No worries though. GBO.. By the way Oregon is gorgeous for you guys who have never been out west. Again Go Vols/

Last edited:
WTD or Canard, do you have any fall foliage pictures of the Oregon high country? What do you consider to be some of the fall foliage hot spots in Oregon and how common are aspen there?

The western part of the state, and the mountainous regions of the state have mostly evergreens. (The mighty Douglas Fir)
So, compared to the eastern half of the nation, Oregon has lame fall foliage.

The western part of the state, and the mountainous regions of the state have mostly evergreens. (The mighty Douglas Fir)
So, compared to the eastern half of the nation, Oregon has lame fall foliage.

Yeh Eastern TN definitely has anywhere out west beat in fall colors.

That is a beautiful course. I live about a mile from the nicest course on the planet but us normal people can only go on one week out of the year. And thats just to watch!

P.S. I no longer live in Alabama.

how is it living in Augusta

Fall in Oregon is by far my favorite time of the year, the Willamette Valley gets cool, foggy and looks a lot like New England only with doug firs, Big leaf maples and mountains lol. Central Oregon as well as Eastern has quite a few aspens.

Fall was always my favorite also. There's a lot to love about Oregon. But, a lot of the best things to do there are high maintenance when you have a family.

That's why we're in southern California now. All about quick beach trips and waves. :)

76% of all percentages are made up too. Some of those high plains desert are absolutely beautiful. Like the Central Oregon area. Let's not lump together all the deserts together as a wasteland please. There is more forest land than you're suggesting, and we have much bigger mountains.

I'm with the Port Duck. I lived in Arizona and can tell you the desert can be stunningly beautiful. And full of surprises. Had a roadrunner that would come up to the back sliding window door almost every morning around 5-6AM. A family of Thompson quails walk single file in an arroyo behind and below the house morning and evening. Jackrabbits that sat out back studying the house unless being chased by coyotes. Javelinas that passed by infrequently, and once a young cougar that same right up and sniffed at me (scary) then walked off as nonchalantly as you pleased. Then there's the clouds that make the giant dirt mounds, I mean mountains change colors depending on how light hits them. The silhouettes of saguaro in a sunrise or sunset looking like people having a conversation off in the distance. Monsoon rains you can approaching miles off, sun shining bright on one side of the sky and these blasting storm systems dominating the other part. On any given night meteors flashing across the night with bigger ones putting on a big show.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back