Pictures of Oregon

Drove right through both. Again, I am not saying Oregon does not have it's beauty as I enjoyed driving through the state. Just saying the majority of Oregon is high plains desert which is OK. What I saw is not what I imagined Oregon would look like prior to visiting. Sounds like you west coast guys are a little sensitive about all the desert in your state. Don't be as it has it's own beauty.

? The desert of Southern Washington is great. The rolling hills of the Palouse are beautiful. But like I said, check out the Cascades and Olympic Peninsula in addition to the coast.

Tennessee is far more beautiful than Oregon or Washington. I went there a few months ago. 80% of Oregon and Washington is HIGH PLAINS DESERT. The coast is nice but does not compare to the mountains of Tennessee. Besides you have to put up with the "left coast" attitude. GO VOLS!

Tennessee is very beautiful. But please don't call them mountains. They are beautiful hills, gorgeous scenery. But it's not a mountain unless it has at least a few of these characteristics: is volcanic, has a timber line, and has snow on it at least 6 months out of the year.

But, I can't wait to get out to Tennessee to fish again

Drove right through both. Again, I am not saying Oregon does not have it's beauty as I enjoyed driving through the state. Just saying the majority of Oregon is high plains desert which is OK. What I saw is not what I imagined Oregon would look like prior to visiting. Sounds like you west coast guys are a little sensitive about all the desert in your state. Don't be as it has it's own beauty.

We have mountains too.

trmtbachelorpinemartenlodge1-jpg-06064d182bf985e6.jpg

Oregon_Wallowa_County_-_Eagle_Cap_Wilderness.jpg

Three-Sisters-Wilderness-at-Sunrise-Oregon-Cascade-Range-Oregon.jpg

mt-hood-5d0img17798-s.jpg

mount-hood-road-trip-1_22153_600x450.jpg

Three-Sisters-Mountains.jpg

mp541.jpg

mountains.jpg

8006828468_2aaf209f51.jpg

Mt-Bachelor-Ski-Resort.jpg

north+sister.jpg

04CRA0058-60pan-Three-Sisters-Wilderness.jpg

Donnelly_445.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Tennessee is very beautiful. But please don't call them mountains. They are beautiful hills, gorgeous scenery. But it's not a mountain unless it has at least a few of these characteristics: is volcanic, has a timber line, and has snow on it at least 6 months out of the year.

So the Smokey MOUNTAINS are just a myth?

Geographically, the Appalachian Mountain chain was once the most majestic mountain range in North America. They are also the oldest. Over millions of years, they have been eroded by wind, snow melt, and rain, into what they are now

Your young mountains are very nice, but we like our old Smokies

Reactions: 2 people

VOLcanic!!!

Reactions: 1 person
It's all about the tillamook cheese:)

I miss their products after moving back east this year. Loved to old orange VW bus when they came around for displays and free products to try. Great prices out West.
e18085image1a.jpg

We have mountains too.

Yeah I could live there...

I remember we Visited California once and came into Lake Tahoe area one night......it was dark so couldn't see we were staying on the edge of where the Sierra's drop and insane distance down into Nevada.....woke up early in the morning and climbed the rocks across the parking lot, and saw the trees first that look like that one in photo carved by the wind, when I got to the crest and stood staring over Nevada for a hundred miles or more...wow.......I expected to see a view, but nothing prepared me for THAT view......just religious....

Not crazy about some of the culture in some west coast states, but the back woods areas are all me.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah I could live there...

I remember we Visited California once and came into Lake Tahoe area one night......it was dark so couldn't see we were staying on the edge of where the Sierra's drop and insane distance down into Nevada.....woke up early in the morning and climbed the rocks across the parking lot, and saw the trees first that look like that one in photo carved by the wind, when I got to the crest and stood staring over Nevada for a hundred miles or more...wow.......I expected to see a view, but nothing prepared me for THAT view......just religious....

Tahoe is just something else isn't it? That place is amazing.

VN Store

Back