Police Brutality - Where Is The Outrage?

Franklin Pierce

Shocking new video shows two Colorado cops under investigation for their violent arrest of an elderly women with dementia laughing and cheering - and giving each other a fist bump - as they watched body-camera footage of the altercation hours later.

They were celebrating all while the 73-year-old woman was suffering in a jail cell, the photos reveal - disheveled and seeming to lose consciousness several times.

Loveland Police Officers Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali arrested Karen Garner on June 26, 2020, after she left Walmart without paying for a candy bar, a can of Pepsi and a t-shirt totaling $13.38.

City officials haven't apologized to the woman or her family, according to the Loveland Reporter-Herald. The footage of the arrest went viral on social media after its release earlier the month in the wake of a new lawsuit against the department.

The suit says during the first hour Garner was in custody, she said: 'They hurt my shoulders' 22 times and 'They hurt my wrists' 13 times. She wasn't given any medical treatment.

42245522-9513533-image-m-34_1619460375250.jpg

Surveillance video purportedly shows Loveland Police Officers Austin Hopp, Daria Jalali and a colleague laughing as they watched body-camera footage of their violent arrest of Karen Garner on June 26, 2020

41989172-9513533-image-a-33_1619460364976.jpg

Officers Hopp and Jalali arrested 73-year-old Garner, who has dementia, last June after she left Walmart without paying for $13-worth of items. Body-camera footage (pictured) showed Hopp slamming Garner to the ground after she repeatedly said: 'I'm going home'

42249074-9513533-image-m-168_1619469747831.jpg

Hopp (left) and Jalali (right) appeared to exchange a fist bump after placing Garner in a cell. Before extending his hand Hopp asked Jalali if she'd turned her body-camera off

VIDEO:
Colorado cops filmed laughing at bodycam video of arrest of elderly woman with dementia | Daily Mail Online

So perhaps this should just add to the outrage others are protesting about? Or do you just want outrage for this op? We should all stand up and demand better when the government does this to people.

So perhaps this should just add to the outrage others are protesting about? Or do you just want outrage for this op? We should all stand up and demand better when the government does this to people.
I think the point is you don't see as much coverage for police brutality when the victim is white. And let's face it, given the agenda driven media, this is true. White victims do not get the same press that black victims do.

But yes, I agree, we should be outraged any time authority is abused and we should demand better.

Shocking new video shows two Colorado cops under investigation for their violent arrest of an elderly women with dementia laughing and cheering - and giving each other a fist bump - as they watched body-camera footage of the altercation hours later.

They were celebrating all while the 73-year-old woman was suffering in a jail cell, the photos reveal - disheveled and seeming to lose consciousness several times.

Loveland Police Officers Austin Hopp and Daria Jalali arrested Karen Garner on June 26, 2020, after she left Walmart without paying for a candy bar, a can of Pepsi and a t-shirt totaling $13.38.

City officials haven't apologized to the woman or her family, according to the Loveland Reporter-Herald. The footage of the arrest went viral on social media after its release earlier the month in the wake of a new lawsuit against the department.

The suit says during the first hour Garner was in custody, she said: 'They hurt my shoulders' 22 times and 'They hurt my wrists' 13 times. She wasn't given any medical treatment.

42245522-9513533-image-m-34_1619460375250.jpg

Surveillance video purportedly shows Loveland Police Officers Austin Hopp, Daria Jalali and a colleague laughing as they watched body-camera footage of their violent arrest of Karen Garner on June 26, 2020

41989172-9513533-image-a-33_1619460364976.jpg

Officers Hopp and Jalali arrested 73-year-old Garner, who has dementia, last June after she left Walmart without paying for $13-worth of items. Body-camera footage (pictured) showed Hopp slamming Garner to the ground after she repeatedly said: 'I'm going home'

42249074-9513533-image-m-168_1619469747831.jpg

Hopp (left) and Jalali (right) appeared to exchange a fist bump after placing Garner in a cell. Before extending his hand Hopp asked Jalali if she'd turned her body-camera off

VIDEO:
Colorado cops filmed laughing at bodycam video of arrest of elderly woman with dementia | Daily Mail Online
There's an entire thread discussing it and this case was in there

To Protect and to Serve II

Obviously not.

What makes you think this level of force is appropriate for an elderly dementia patient?

I never said anything of the sort. Your post implied that “a few bad apples” in the police was a knuckledragger’s excuse for this behavior. I read into it that you think that all cops are like this.

Reactions: lukeneyland
I never said anything of the sort. Your post implied that “a few bad apples” in the police was a knuckledragger’s excuse for this behavior. I read into it that you think that all cops are like this.

I definitely didn’t intend to imply all cops were bad. I wanted to preempt someone in this thread excusing actions that are clearly unacceptable

I believe there are more like this than the public wants to admit.

Reactions: BenGrimm and AM64
I believe there are more like this than the public wants to admit.
I hope you are wrong. But I am inclined to agree with you. As trust in LEOs decrease and fear increases, there will be more people not "doing as they are told". If that happens, I wonder if LEO SOP will change or will they double down?

Reactions: AM64
I hope you are wrong. But I am inclined to agree with you. As trust in LEOs decrease and fear increases, there will be more people not "doing as they are told". If that happens, I wonder if LEO SOP will change or will they double down?

They will double down.

Reactions: AM64
I believe too many are bullies and believe themselves above us regular citizens. Also their role as revenue collectors has been expanded way too much

There was an article (maybe on here) about a traffic stop that went bad that also listed the number of violent crime cases that had been closed/solved in that same town. They were all in the 20-30% range yet we still have officers out busting people for a taillight.

The problems with policing started after 9/11. The illustrious department of homeland security became heavily involved with LE training in this country. The militarization of the police grew at a rapid pace. They were told that many were domestic terrorists.

Reactions: davethevol and AM64

VN Store

Back