Political halftime show rap

I, like many on here, didn’t even notice anything political during the show. The thing is, if Eminem wants to kneel that’s his right. People can then choose to not support him or to support him and decide whether or not kneeling makes a difference in that choice or not. It’s pretty simple.
So wait... it took THIS incident for so- called conservatives to cancel Emenim? He's been a model patriot before now?

I liked the set and the Dre/Dogg stuff. The rest was meh. Just never listened to most of the people other then Snoop.

Probably my TV set up but the sound feed had so much crowd noise it was hard to hear the music clearly.

My top 3 so far:

Prince
Tom Petty
Bruno Mars (never thought I'd say it but it was a great show)

All the others blend

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I liked the set and the Dre/Dogg stuff. The rest was meh. Just never listened to most of the people other then Snoop.

Probably my TV set up but the sound feed had so much crowd noise it was hard to hear the music clearly.

My top 3 so far:

Prince
Tom Petty

All the others blend

Michael Jackson put in one heck of a halftime show in 1993. Prince and Tom Petty are the gold standard. Last nights performance was terrible imo.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Michael Jackson put in one heck of a halftime show in 1993. Prince and Tom Petty are the gold standard. Last nights performance was terrible imo.

was better than last year (The Weekend) and on par with Katy Perry, Janet Jackson, etc. I like bits and was bored by others but thought it was average

I don’t want Eminem cancelled. His performance wasn’t good. Snoop was really disappointing.
Let's be real. Snoop has been trash since his debut album. That was the pinnacle of his career. He's been living off of the legs of Gin and Juice for close to 30 years now. Once Tupac joined Death Row, Snoop became a hater.

Let's be real. Snoop has been trash since his debut album. That was the pinnacle of his career. He's been living off of the legs of Gin and Juice for close to 30 years now. Once Tupac joined Death Row, Snoop became a hater.

maybe musically but he's provided plenty of entertainment that is not music only

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
maybe musically but he's provided plenty of entertainment that is not music only
Well that is true. I loved how he did a 180 on Gayle King and apologized after Susan Rice snapped at him on Twitter. I'm convinced Susan Rice did something behind the scenes to get Snoop spooked out about something.

Well that is true. I loved how he did a 180 on Gayle King and apologized after Susan Rice snapped at him on Twitter. I'm convinced Susan Rice did something behind the scenes to get Snoop spooked out about something.

this gives me as much pleasure as some of his songs

My top 3 so far:

Prince
Tom Petty

All the others blend
I can’t believe anybody in this group hasn’t brought up Janet Jackson as the best halftime shoe

Manufactured controversy just for VNP.
It's just sad/comical to see everyone go absolutely bonkers over this nonsense for a "game" that is esentially elite-sanctioned propaganda for corporations and the military

Appears to me that everyone wins here. The NFL gets to look like the good guys to the reactionaries. Eminem gets to pander to his fans and gets to look-- --"rebellious"-----while doing so. A low stakes controversy benefits all the players here so why wouldn't they have scripted the whole thing from the beginning.

So wait... it took THIS incident for so- called conservatives to cancel Emenim? He's been a model patriot before now?
I have no idea. You’ll have to ask someone who cares about canceling him. I’m not on that list as I don’t care if he kneeled or not and, if he did, why he kneeled. I don’t understand anyone looking to any celebrity for political or social purposes. The only thing I think about with Eminem is do I like his music or not as that’s the correlation between he and I and there’s nothing more to it than that.

VN Store

Back