Political halftime show rap

I saw him kneel and honestly it didn't even occur to me that he was making any kind of a statement.

Also Prince's half time is still the GOAT.

I am surprised there hasn't been an outcry from the cancel police to cancel Marshall. I don't condone canceling, but he has rapped about hating gay people in the past (Jokingly most likely though).

As long as you bash police and Trump, you can rap about beating women, killing sodomites. Doing drugs etc....

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
If that was the video of halftime, fortunately, the NFL blocked it. :cool:
If you click it, it will play on youtube. You ought to give it a go, you may find something new to listen to. I never listened to Garth, or liked concerts, until my wife and daughter made me take them to Neyland to see him. I'm glad they did.

If you click it, it will play on youtube. You ought to give it a go, you may find something new to listen to. I never listened to Garth, or liked concerts, until my wife and daughter made me take them to Neyland to see him. I'm glad they did.

I understand and over the years have picked up things I never listened to before (for instance, "discovered" Sinatra in my late 30s!), but all except a tiny fraction of rap just irritates the h#ll out me. Don't need it. Got plenty to explore in genres I like. Find myself gravitating more and more into classical music and know so little about it in relation to what there is to know.

True story: First Pink Floyd album I had was The Wall (still have it!). Knew one or two songs from Dark Side of the Moon but would not buy it or any other Pink Floyd album, afraid I would be disappointed after The Wall. Finally got Dark Side of the Moon. Now have several others and Wish You Were Here is one of my favorites.

We went to Lynyrd Skynyrd in Knoxville back in December. Love their music. Hated the concert. Would rather enjoy the music played well instead of having my insides pounded by a wall of speakers turned to stupid high decibel levels.

Reactions: Sandman 423
I’m not much into Rap/Hip-Hop but I thought the show was ok. They’ve had much better half-time shows. I didn’t notice anything to be offended about but of course I couldn’t understand 90% of the words so….
Same..but I also listen to death metal so...I'm used to it. But yeah, the music was fine for the most part except for the chick and the black dude who wasnt 50 cent, Dre, or Snoop. No idea who that was.

I’m always up for a show, but like many Super Bowls in the past, I grabbed some OT instead. It’s the one day of the year with the largest number of sick outs. Had to take advantage of it. “Kids need beer, wife needs shoes” - Some Guy, Forgot His Name

Well since Lebron, The Rock, Mayor Garcetti and many others were maskless at the Super Bowl then I take it they are leading by example and democrats will no longer mind if I don't wear mine anymore.

VN Store

Back