Politics in Europe

Europe has real aging population problem. Luckily we have about 15-20 years to see how they address it. We will be over the barrel ourselves. Because if mass immigration isn't the answer then austerity up the bleep hole is coming to cafe near France soon.

And Europe should have been watching Japan address it.

Here comes AI.

And people claim GB made a mistake by leaving the EU.

I always found that odd because the EU was struggling with Greece, Italy, France, etc. at the time when UK left but then it was a "bad" decision.

UK is in an interesting spot because they have there own Economic Bloc outside of Europe. When the EU happened, UK trade relations with Canada, Australia, etc. were damaged. UK has its Commonwealth that it can trade with, something the other EU nations don't really have.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Right-Wing Tsunami: France "Stunned" After Macron Announces Snap Elections Following Crushing Defeat In European Parliament Vote

Still, France’s far-right opposition party National Rally looked set to be among the pan-European election’s biggest winners. Marine Le Pen’s party is on target to become the largest single party in the European Parliament. Projections based on early ballot counts on Sunday evening suggested National Rally had gained roughly 31% of the vote, twice the support for Macron’s Renew Party.

After the French results, Macron announced he was dissolving parliament to call fresh elections. His party already lacked a majority in the National Assembly. The first round of the elections will take place June 30, followed by a second on July 7, Macron said.

As reported earlier, the Social Democratic Party of German chancellor Scholz also apparently faced a drubbing. According to national exit polls, it was running third behind the far-right Alternative for Germany and the clear winner, Germany’s opposition center-right alliance.

1718028011341.png

My prediction is that you will now see a concerted move to “ban” the right wing parties. You are already seeing suggestions to that effect in Germany.
The left NEVER takes no for an answer.
Also I expect to see ever more draconian crackdowns on “misinformation” and “hate speech”.
This will turn ugly fast. “Democracy” is great as long as the left is in charge. Once people begin choosing otherwise, then democracy needs “protecting”.

My prediction is that you will now see a concerted move to “ban” the right wing parties. You are already seeing suggestions to that effect in Germany.
Also I expect to see ever more draconian crackdowns on “misinformation” and “hate speech”.
This will turn ugly fast. “Democracy” is great as long as the left is in charge. Once people begin choosing otherwise, then democracy needs “protecting”.

Very good chance that your prediction is correct.

No doubt they have cards to play like pandemic, climate related lockdowns, Russian threat etc.

No doubt they have cards to play like pandemic, climate related lockdowns, Russian threat etc.
Watch for accusations that Trump and American conservatives are interfering in European elections too. No boogie man is quite so useful to the left than Trump

Europe's version of "Democracy" has always had Asterix outside of France. Technically, on paper, a lot of European nations (like UK) are still Monarchies, the Monarchs have just stepped aside and allowed an elected parliament to run things. Most Europe follows the British version of "Democracy" which is Parliamentary with a Constitutional Monarch. Technically, King Charles could disband Parliament tomorrow and run the UK as the head of state but that would probably lead to his downfall so they really don't do much other than formalities.

Parliamentary democracy more resembles an Aristocratic Republic than a Democracy as well. It is still primarily managed by the rich (see House of Lords).

And of course, their version of lawfare will begin too. Expect every right wing politician with a substantial following to be investigated for every obscure and manufactured transgression they can come up with.

Sadly, per my post # 42 in this thread, Europe's systems are better setup to do that. For example, they don't have the focus on Freedom of Speech or protections like the US has in the 1st Amendment, Case law, and State Constitutions. This is why they are allowed to outlaw speech at times.

Sadly, per my post # 42 in this thread, Europe's systems are better setup to do that. For example, they don't have the focus on Freedom of Speech or protections like the US has in the 1st Amendment, Case law, and State Constitutions. This is why they are allowed to outlaw speech at times.
And trial by jury isn’t exactly an everyday occurrence. Often just panels of judges.

In your opinion, is the 'far right' in europe like the 'far right' in America or closer to moderate Democrats?

In your opinion, is the 'far right' in europe like the 'far right' in America or closer to moderate Democrats?
“Far right” In European parlance would (in my opinion) be anything that wasn’t 100% pro EU, pro net zero carbon emissions, and pro unrestricted immigration.
Anyone advocating for the slightest amount of national sovereignty, any control of borders, or any use whatsoever of fossil fuels is, by definition, literally Hitler.

“Far right” In European parlance would (in my opinion) be anything that wasn’t 100% pro EU, pro net zero carbon emissions, and pro unrestricted immigration.
Anyone advocating for the slightest amount of national sovereignty, any control of borders, or any use whatsoever of fossil fuels is, by definition, literally Hitler.
I wouldn't have described it in such extreme ways but I tend to agree with the premise.

VN Store

Back