POLL: POTUS Who Do You Think Will WIN? (2020)

One Week To Go - POTUS Do You Think Will Win?

• Trump

Votes: 98 60.1%
  • Biden

Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Jorgensen (Libertarian)

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Hawkins (Green Party)

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
I’d love to get a refund for what I paid off.

Dems usually wind up punishing the responsible. It's what they do. It's a lot like stages of a failed project.

1. Enthusiasm
2. Disillusionment
3. Panic
4. Search for the guilty
5. Punishment of the innocent
6. Praise and honors for the non-participants

Dems usually wind up punishing the responsible. It's what they do. It's a lot like stages of a failed project.

1. Enthusiasm
2. Disillusionment
3. Panic
4. Search for the guilty
5. Punishment of the innocent
6. Praise and honors for the non-participants
Wow, you worked for the same company I did but we may have had a different order, but the last step is universal.

Wow, you worked for the same company I did but we may have had a different order, but the last step is universal.

If you work for the right company, there might even be T-shirts and caps early on. Have you ever noticed that people like us old retired engineers view management and often entrepreneurs in a completely different light than business types do?

If you work for the right company, there might even be T-shirts and caps early on. Have you ever noticed that people like us old retired engineers view management and often entrepreneurs in a completely different light than business types do?
Damn, we got coffee mugs and stickers for our hard hats too. It's amazing how stupid companies can be with token junk.

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
We had a 3 step process that was based on the Toyota system, we called it the 3 step program.
1. Jump to conclusion
2. Shoot from the hip
3. Cover your ass
We have a similar process and generally offer supporting analysis on step 1 which violates the laws of physics.

I cant remember how many times I’ve said recite Kirchhoff’s voltage or current law to me. Or the advanced topics! I=C dv/dt and V= L di/dt those two get absolutely slaughtered almost weekly.

Reactions: RavinDave and AM64
We had a 3 step process that was based on the Toyota system, we called it the 3 step program.
1. Jump to conclusion
2. Shoot from the hip
3. Cover your ass

I've always like the part that there was never enough time/money to do it right, but there's always enough time/money to fix it. However, an "I told you so" will make sure you aren't in on the "fix".

We have a similar process and generally offer supporting analysis on step 1 which violates the laws of physics.

I cant remember how many times I’ve said recite Kirchhoff’s voltage or current law to me. Or the advanced topics! I=C dv/dt and V= L di/dt those two get absolutely slaughtered almost weekly.
So do you have Vandy grads working with you? I've found them to be the most ignorant, over qualified people I've ever worked with.

Reactions: ajvol01 and AM64

I've always liked how statisticians, politicians, and managers don't understand momentum and inertia - and kinetic to potential energy and the rebound (particularly in the investment sector). And thermodynamics ....

I've always liked how statisticians, politicians, and managers don't understand momentum and inertia - and kinetic to potential energy and the rebound (particularly in the investment sector). And thermodynamics ....
Oh man....

So I’m an EE but my bread and butter is controls systems. I dream kinematics (that’s normal... right?). You don’t know how many times I’ve had to tell an ME ummm that would require an instantaneous change in angular velocity. Ok so how much torque does it take to do that? Infinite... and OCCASIONALLY I’ll get a so can we generate that much? I’m like all 😂 and 😥 at the same time.

I've always like the part that there was never enough time/money to do it right, but there's always enough time/money to fix it. However, an "I told you so" will make sure you aren't in on the "fix".
That is one of my mentoring lessons. My protégés are verboten from issuing an “I tried to tell you ignorant MF’ers but nooooooooo!” when their prognostications come true. We will collect in my office, close the door, giggle our asses off, but then open the door and be all business “that’s too bad but here’s what I think we can do”

Reactions: ajvol01 and AM64
Oh man....

So I’m an EE but my bread and butter is controls systems. I dream kinematics (that’s normal... right?). You don’t know how many times I’ve had to tell an ME ummm that would require an instantaneous change in angular velocity. Ok so how much torque does it take to do that? Infinite... and OCCASIONALLY I’ll get a so can we generate that much? I’m like all 😂 and 😥 at the same time.
So what kind of control systems do you work with?

Oh man....

Feedback and controls and system dynamics was big in the UT nuclear program - so many feedback mechanisms in the nuclear system. If you understand that kind of process, it opens your eyes to what goes on around us - like even politics.

One of my favorites (that we finally uncovered during testing intended to figure out why there was vibration related cracking in a steam turbine driven pump system) turned out to be in the controller rather than a mechanical issue. Generally the turbine will have two valves - start/stop and a governor or throttle valve. As we expanded the testing because things weren't adding up, we found that when this system started, both valves were wide open and the controller then closed the throttle valve and ramped it back up.

Well no. I work for a DoD contractor inertial stabilization, pointing, and navigation for airborne sensors. Electro optic and RADARS
That sounds like a lot more fun than what I used to do. My nephew is an EE at the Norfolk shipyard and is involved in a lot of that type of stuff. I couldn't work for the government or a contractor, they're just too eff'd up.

Feedback and controls and system dynamics was big in the UT nuclear program - so many feedback mechanisms in the nuclear system. If you understand that kind of process, it opens your eyes to what goes on around us - like even politics.

One of my favorites (that we finally uncovered during testing intended to figure out why there was vibration related cracking in a steam turbine driven pump system) turned out to be in the controller rather than a mechanical issue. Generally the turbine will have two valves - start/stop and a governor or throttle valve. As we expanded the testing because things weren't adding up, we found that when this system started, both valves were wide open and the controller then closed the throttle valve and ramped it back up.
Yep. System integration step 10 after you’ve spent steps 1 thru 9 checking out your actuators and feedback sensors open loop to make sure they respond like you expect.

Step 10. Close the loop and hit the enable.

Step 11. Immediately shut it down and gather any separated pieces.

Step 12. Wonder out loud “holy hell why did it do that! 😳

VN Store

Back