Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

Sometimes teams don't mix exactly right.

Leaders change, guys win jobs, guys lose jobs, focus on the draft, etc and it changes the balance. Clubhouses aren't always pretty.

If its just the normal, intersquad deal- whatever happened is between the guys in there. I don't really want or care to know.

Leaders change, guys win jobs, guys lose jobs, focus on the draft, etc and it changes the balance. Clubhouses aren't always pretty.

If its just the normal, intersquad deal- whatever happened is between the guys in there. I don't really want or care to know.
Never been in a "rosey" locker room in my life. They are all different, and they are full of personalities (good and bad). Like WallyBalls, I don't need to know, and I don't want to know.

My dad told me this team reminded him of his legion team early on.

He said his legion team was all stars from every high school in their region.. they finished last because they all had egos and couldn’t develop any chemistry. Far less talented teams wiped the floor with them

A fairly tame comment/observation about the team is that there was talk of not interacting much with one another off the field. CTV referred to Fall camp as being “awkward,” could be some reserved personalities and people kept to themselves, which impacts being vocal leaders.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Burns, Beam and A.J. Russell should be the weekend rotation don't see Burns closing next season.
I'd pitch Burns wherever he's happiest. If that's in the starting rotation, fine. If he prefers coming out of the pen, that's fine too. I think his future in MLB is probably as a reliever.

I'd pitch Burns wherever he's happiest. If that's in the starting rotation, fine. If he prefers coming out of the pen, that's fine too. I think his future in MLB is probably as a reliever.
Reliever may be the best place in majors,but if he wants the big bag it's starting.Relievers don't get the 25 or 30 million per year like starters do. According to what his goals are.

Reliever may be the best place in majors,but if he wants the big bag it's starting.Relievers don't get the 25 or 30 million per year like starters do. According to what his goals are.
His stuff is good enough to be a college starter. His fastball is elite. I think he needs a better third pitch to be a MLB starter. If he can find that, then maybe. But relievers can make big bucks, too. Look at what Mariano Rivera did.

Either I didn’t hit the enter button or my post was removed chalked up as a rumor. I’ll say it again, I expect the biggest name on UT baseball to hit the portal.

Portal is used for many reasons, money is one of them. This is the landscape now.

Last edited:
You make a great point but I bet LSU paid over $5M for their portal one-year rentals. I assume we paid a fraction of that. It just seems that “pay to play” is an affront to what NIL was intended. I prefer the home grown talent of Crews and Morgan. They are studs who will have long MLB careers. Plus, Tommy White and Riley Cooper are utterly unlikable. 🍊👍👊😀😃🍊👍
I can’t stand that White kid!
And no, I’m not racist.

VN Store

Back