Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

I'd settle for a right fielder that has a clue what is/isn't a strike. CScott needs to see an optometrist, I'm afraid. 1-12 with 8 Ks in the CWS. Wasn't much better in Hattiesburg, either (1-11 with 2Ks). In the Regionals, he was 2-12 with 2 Ks.

So in 9 postseason games, he was a combine 4-35 (.114) with 12 Ks.
I feel bad for the guy, but I’m expecting an outfield of Tears, Ensley and Dreiling next year

We’ve pledged $65 million to stadium renovations. The investment is fine, we just need to get the stadium renovations actually started.

We are never going to be premier players in the baseball NIL space. That money will always be reserved for football. Some of our players will get a nice little bonus, but it’s not going to be a primary selling point of our program.
LSU spends big time on football. So football is not the issue.

LSU apparently has some big baseball donors doing their own thing on the side. I don't like people blaming football every time something goes wrong.

Last edited:
LSU spends big time on football. So football is not the issue.

LSU apparently has some big baseball donors doing their own thing on the side. I don't like people blaming football every time something goes wrong.

They have big time baseball donors because they have a rich history in baseball. I’m sure many of those donors grew up watching LSU dominate college baseball. We simply don’t have that history which does impact where our donors spend their money. I’m not saying that I’m mad at the football team or blaming football, it’s just simply that football is the sport with the history here which is where those donors are going to spend their money. It is what it is.

I'd settle for a right fielder that has a clue what is/isn't a strike. CScott needs to see an optometrist, I'm afraid. 1-12 with 8 Ks in the CWS. Wasn't much better in Hattiesburg, either (1-11 with 2Ks). In the Regionals, he was 2-12 with 2 Ks.

yes and kept playing him not sure on that one either.

Should have been Tears playing!

Because he was hitting .310 before the NCAAT and is the best defensive OF we had.
Well, three weeks later, he finished at .266 and was a strikeout machine, not knowing a ball from a strike. And being the best defender in our outfield is a lot like being the tallest midget. Just a really bad time to go ice cold.

Reactions: PYSCHO
Well, three weeks later, he finished at .266 and was a strikeout machine, not knowing a ball from a strike. And being the best defender in our outfield is a lot like being the tallest midget. Just a really bad time to go ice cold.

Sure, he went cold. But he was our RF much of the year. Tears was hurt much of the year, and Dreiling needs to improve his defense. You hope he could get out of the funk at some point, but you aren’t changing much at that point in the year.

Sure, he went cold. But he was our RF much of the year. Tears was hurt much of the year, and Dreiling needs to improve his defense. You hope he could get out of the funk at some point, but you aren’t changing much at that point in the year.
FL benched their starting OF in Omaha who was on a 4-40 streak at the plate and look what that did for them. I get we didn’t seem like we wanted to make any changes but you certainly can if it’s warranted.

I agree somewhat on changes but the 8 and 9 hitters were auto outs and then Ahuna was slapping the ball all over. That might have been the difference in some spots of games. Just my take. At least someone could put the ball in play move some runners because strikeouts are the worst outs in baseball and the 8/9 hitters were major paticipants.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Where? He’s played 2nd and 1st. We need neither of those today.
Well actually you could put him at first and make Burke the primary DH and change it up every so often but let’s not think outside of the box here .Lol idiotic statement saying we don’t any help. Lololol

Well actually you could put him at first and make Burke the primary DH and change it up every so often but let’s not think outside of the box here .Lol idiotic statement saying we don’t any help. Lololol
We don’t need help from Noland, I didn’t say we didn’t need help. He’s not an upgrade, except maybe slightly on defense at 1B, to what we have. He’s a career sub .270 hitter with 20HR’s, and he’s a leftie. So doesn’t bring anything consistent to us and he’s not even a right handed batter to offset our lineup.

I agree somewhat on changes but the 8 and 9 hitters were auto outs and then Ahuna was slapping the ball all over. That might have been the difference in some spots of games. Just my take. At least someone could put the ball in play move some runners because strikeouts are the worst outs in baseball and the 8/9 hitters were major paticipants.

Scott was the one who hit it to 1B in the second USM game when the first basemen made a throwing error, and we scored 2 more to get to 8 runs. His real bad funk started in Omaha, and you are already 2 games in. Was the UF OF replacement just as good in the field? We would have swapped defense for offense. While it seemed Stark was an out, too, he actually had some good AB’s the last 5 games.

Reactions: PYSCHO

VN Store

Back