Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

Those stadiums belong to SEC powers, but not Vandy. I simply stated that our stadium was comparable to Vandy, which is an SEC power. I also said we are supposedly renovating, because frankly, nothing much visible has changed.
That’s why I said renovation blue prints are all well and good, but theirs actually exist.

And they don’t even have 100 million. The report said they’re asking for it. It’s not been allocated or approved.

That’s why I said renovation blue prints are all well and good, but theirs actually exist.

And they don’t even have 100 million. The report said they’re asking for it. It’s not been allocated or approved.

I understand.

That’s not what I meant, I know we went to the Orange Bowl, I’m not degrading that at all, simply saying the baseball team went a long way this year, made it to Omaha, won a couple games it’s at least equivalent to the results of the other sports, if not better.
That’s not what I mean by “don’t belong.” I simply mean we have none of the resources the other schools do to compete outside of our coach. It’s actually astonishing what he’s been able to do with so little.

To point out why recruits and current players would want to go somewhere else.
I have a cousin who will be on an SEC roster in 2025 at the school he grew up rooting for, which also happens to have practically a brand new facility, yet there was one offer he was hoping for and would’ve jumped on right away and that was UT and for two reasons…CTV and CFA. He’s going to live out his dream yet his dream changed as he matured and looked at things from a developmental perspective and not just a fan perspective.

That’s not what I mean by “don’t belong.” I simply mean we have none of the resources the other schools do to compete outside of our coach. It’s actually astonishing what he’s been able to do with so little.

The facilities are coming, we might lose a player, what we can’t afford to do is lose the coach and he made it quite clear in his final post game in Omaha what the expectations are. Simple.

He didn’t seem happy in the interview. He was upfront about not being happy about not being a starter. Overall, he did not seem happy.
He should have not been happy about getting torched as a starter. He was behind every count and sec hitters were putting the bat on the ball and the ball was leaving the park. TV made the right move and he performed better like it or not. Him and Doolander struggled all year (do had moments but overall was so so) and Burns till bullpen was not good. I hope he stays but if not there is still a season to play and you go with what you got. Pruitt did say one thing right his whole tenure, worry about the ones that are here not the ones that are not.

The facilities are coming, we might lose a player, what we can’t afford to do is lose the coach and he made it quite clear in his final post game in Omaha what the expectations are. Simple.
I agree with that 100%, but I fear the UTAD will kick the can down the road until it’s too late. These renovations have been in the works since 2021. Nothing has happened outside of a set of middle school bleachers down the LF line and another row added to the rinky dink porch.

I agree with that 100%, but I fear the UTAD will kick the can down the road until it’s too late. These renovations have been in the works since 2021. Nothing has happened outside of a set of middle school bleachers down the LF line and another row added to the rinky dink porch.
It ain’t building a deck off your trailer, to do it right takes a little time and a plan. Do you think they just hand out building permits on a whim? A little engineering and planning and getting the necessary approvals is a process within itself

I’m just gonna put this here…broken up in categories.

Graduating (doesn’t mean they won’t get drafted)

Christian Scott
Griffen Merritt
Camden Sewell
Kirby Connell*
Zane Denton*

Good luck to the fellas above, VFL’s!!!

Will lose to the draft…
Maui Ahuna
Chase Dollander
Seth Halvorsen
Andrew Lindsey

Will likely get drafted, but a choice to come back…or hit the portal…
Zach Joyce
Cal Stark
Zander Sechrist
Kyle Booker

Draft eligible players…could return, could hit portal…
Logan Chambers
Ethan Payne
Bryce Jenkins
Hollis Fanning

(~) We also have some redshirt Sophomore’s that might be draft eligible based on age. Not likely to be drafted, but certainly could look for greener pastures.
(~)Hunter Ensley

I will apologize in advance if I missed someone. Good luck to all these young men!!! VFL’s one and all.

(*) denotes possible grad year/Covid

GBO!!!

Unfortunately Dickey is also going to be drafted high this year. I don't think I saw him on the list.

It ain’t building a deck off your trailer, to do it right takes a little time and a plan. Do you think they just hand out building permits on a whim? A little engineering and planning and getting the necessary approvals is a process within itself
Las Vegas will have built two pro stadiums in the time it takes us to renovate a college one lol

This stuff probably gets expedited if it were football-related tbh.

Reactions: Ttucke11

You said it yourself, it’s pending approval. More over, if I’m Danny White, I lay at wake at night thinking of all the money WE AREN’T Making, because the stadium is too small. He’s sitting there saying USM hosted, it could have been us. He’s hearing from Jerry Punch about how we have the 13th worst facility in the SEC. All valid concerns.

What he needs to think is…all this is for nothing if we lose the coach because we’ve tied his hands.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back