Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

All I know is neyland can get renovations done in a year, but baseball has 5 years of red tape. Tony will get fed up with it eventually if nothing is done soon.
Thats not even true.
"The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees on Friday approved Tennessee Athletics' request to adjust the scope and budget of the ongoing Neyland Stadium renovations project originally approved in 2017."
5 years from the approval to the renovations.
Board of Trustees Approves Revised Neyland Stadium Renovations Plan - University of Tennessee Athletics

This second article,,, renovations begain in 2022, but finish in 26
https://www.wate.com/sports/orange-...sed-neyland-stadium-renovation-plan-approved/

I agree with that 100%, but I fear the UTAD will kick the can down the road until it’s too late. These renovations have been in the works since 2021. Nothing has happened outside of a set of middle school bleachers down the LF line and another row added to the rinky dink porch.
Not really, the capital campaign and initial renderings came out last year on the opening day of regionals. Discussions about what CTV would like to see likely started way before that but that’s not a true step towards renovations. The plan is to start at the end of the summer from everything I’ve seen and have increased, permanent seating down the 3B line in place by 2024.

Not really, the capital campaign and initial renderings came out last year on the opening day of regionals. Discussions about what CTV would like to see likely started way before that but that’s not a true step towards renovations. The plan is to start at the end of the summer from everything I’ve seen and have increased, permanent seating down the 3B line in place by 2024.
Don’t provide facts when discussing with a………..:)

Put down the sauce.... Tennessee has the best recruiter in all of college baseball. The damn stadiums have nothing to do with it.....

Gonna have to go with @Christian Lowe on this. Stadiums and facilities 100% matter to recruits. And yes we do have the best recruiter and he's overcoming those obstacles. Imagine having none.

Gonna have to go with @Christian Lowe on this. Stadiums and facilities 100% matter to recruits. And yes we do have the best recruiter and he's overcoming those obstacles. Imagine having none.
Then how do we get good players on campus? This stadium talk has some merit however its vastly overrated, sending guys to the next level is way more important and the last I checked, we have lots of guys moving on.

Then how do we get good players on campus? This stadium talk has some merit however its vastly overrated, sending guys to the next level is way more important and the last I checked, we have lots of guys moving on.

To take it a step further, do all these folks think Randy Boyd and Danny White are idiots?

LSU, Florida, arkansas, miss st, ole miss. Only Vandy and USCe haven’t. And Vandy won the whole thing 4 years ago so

I wouldn’t consider Auburn a power, but they went last year as well

and we’ve been twice, so your stadium nonsense is nonsense

Florida hasn’t been since 2018 until this year. Miss St and Ole Miss are dead for a few more years. With your reasoning, LSU and Arkansas should be there every year and they aren’t

Hell, you can call and ask if the immaculate stadium helped UCLA win it all in 2013...... obsession of the stadiums are comical.

Jackie Robinson Stadium is a college baseball park in Los Angeles, California. It is the home field of the UCLA Bruins of the Pac-12 Conference. Opened 42 years ago in 1981, it is the smallest ballpark in the conference, with a seating capacity of 1,820.

Address: 100 Constitution Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90049

Phone: (310) 794-8210

Capacity: 1,820

Opened: 1981

I don't see how facilities are overrated. They are always going to be a factor. Vitello is just that good at recruiting and has a proven track record. Coaching/success/distance to home are always going to be at the top when it comes to recruiting factors. School history/prestige and facilities are likely the next tier down but for some kids could be just as important as the first tier.

Reactions: Ttucke11
and we’ve been twice, so your stadium nonsense is nonsense

Florida hasn’t been since 2018 until this year. Miss St and Ole Miss are dead for a few more years. With your reasoning, LSU and Arkansas should be there every year and they aren’t
Lmao way to move the goal post. You figured only a few would’ve made it the last three years but over half the conference has.

I’ve happily admitted that tony has done the impossible with how little UT has. Idk why y’all keep acting like I’m saying we’re worse on the field than these schools. I never said that. I said we’re worse with facilities and tradition.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Hell, you can call and ask if the immaculate stadium helped UCLA win it all in 2013...... obsession of the stadiums are comical.

Jackie Robinson Stadium is a college baseball park in Los Angeles, California. It is the home field of the UCLA Bruins of the Pac-12 Conference. Opened 42 years ago in 1981, it is the smallest ballpark in the conference, with a seating capacity of 1,820.

Address: 100 Constitution Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90049

Phone: (310) 794-8210

Capacity: 1,820

Opened: 1981
More common sense…….thank you

What? I'm not arguing what's more important. And I'm not saying it's the end all be all for getting guys on campus. I'm just saying it would be another ace in Tony's sleeve. Kids do care. Some more than others.

I don't see how facilities are overrated. They are always going to be a factor. Vitello is just that good at recruiting and has a proven track record. Coaching/success/distance to home are always going to be at the top when it comes to recruiting factors. School history/prestige and facilities are likely the next tier down but for some kids could be just as important as the first tier.
They aren't overrated, just not the end all be all CL thinks it is, many more factors go into a kids decision to go play somewhere besides a pretty building.

What? I'm not arguing what's more important. And I'm not saying it's the end all be all for getting guys on campus. I'm just saying it would be another ace in Tony's sleeve. Kids do care. Some more than others.
And the higher ups agree too. That’s why we are starting a $100 million renovation in a couple of months

They aren't overrated, just not the end all be all CL thinks it is, many more factors go into a kids decision to go play somewhere besides a pretty building.
I think the locker rooms/training facilities are more important than the actual stadium for these kids tbh. Unless you just have an absolutely dump of a stadium or a top 5 one.

VN Store

Back