Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

Plus no one knows who actually makes it to campus yet in any of those classes. I don’t really see next years team being more talented than this years. Maybe about the same but different strengths/weaknesses. Too early to tell with the portal.
I dont think next years team will be bad at all, but I do think we will be extremely young again.

I’ve been trying to tell y’all that burns has been on his way out for a couple months, he wants to be the Friday night guy for a championship contender and that’s just not available here next year
Why’s that not available? We have 1.5 returning starters in the rotation with him being the 0.5. The 2024 weekend rotation is decided 3 days after the season ended?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
To be fair.. we don’t belong. We have the worst stadium, worst facilities, worst history, but an amazing coach.

We are definitely nueve riche in baseball.

I don’t agree with this on its face. Even so, we made it further this season in the postseason than either basketball teams or football and we play a ton more games.

Not really since Bertman left. But they’re going to be ripping off titles left and right like he did. Nobody can compete with their NIL arm in baseball. If we tried we would have to deplete our football fund and obviously we would never do that.
D1 baseball guys say the NIL money that’s talked about in baseball is grossly inflated and rarely at the levels that get thrown around. They said you hear such and such got six figures (not 7, only 6) and that it’s not remotely true. They said there’s no team spending in the millions.

This has been at least a month ago if not longer. I think it may’ve been after the Vandy series. They interviewed Burns on Rally Cap on SECN. They asked him about coming off of the pen vs starting. I remember he said something about not initially being happy about losing his starting job and being moved to the closer. The guys on the show were praising him and his performance and yet something seemed off with Burns. He didn’t seem real thrilled to be on the show. The guys on the show were talking about him and praising the team and how they’d apparently come together. Chase just didn’t seem into it at all. It was weird.

Reactions: HawkVol2213
Missouri, UGA I just posted all the numbers in the stadium renovations thread, and maybe you missed out on the news today?

Edit: of the baseball powers…100 million dollars will go a long way.
If you're talking all three, probably us. But Vandy's stadium isn't much better than ours. I know they are gonna renovate, but supposedly so are we.
Renovation blue prints are all well and good but the dude and alex box actually tangibly exist

I don’t agree with this on its face. Even so, we made it further this season in the postseason than either basketball teams or football and we play a ton more games.
Same as football (#6 finish).

I don't agree with that dumb take you were responding to either. We belong in both sports.

Edit: in italics

Last edited:
This has been at least a month ago if not longer. I think it may’ve been after the Vandy series. They interviewed Burns on Rally Cap on SECN. They asked him about coming off of the pen vs starting. I remember he said something about not initially being happy about losing his starting job and being moved to the closer. The guys on the show were praising him and his performance and yet something seemed off with Burns. He didn’t seem real thrilled to be on the show. The guys on the show were talking about him and praising the team and how they’d apparently come together. Chase just didn’t seem into it at all. It was weird.
He’s been a shy and quiet interview since his commitment interviews out of high school. This doesn’t really mean anything

If you're talking all three, probably us. But Vandy's stadium isn't much better than ours. I know they are gonna renovate, but supposedly so are we.
Vandy you have to use the football stadium bathrooms, if you sit in their OF seats you have to go into Memorial gym to use the facilities you miss 15 min going ti the bathroom it’s a damn joke. 80% of the stadium is just aluminum bleachers, the whole thing looks cheap.

He’s been a shy and quiet interview since his commitment interviews out of high school. This doesn’t really mean anything
He didn’t seem happy in the interview. He was upfront about not being happy about not being a starter. Overall, he did not seem happy. I hope he stays but I don’t think he’s going to.

Renovation blue prints are all well and good but the dude and alex box actually tangibly exist

Those stadiums belong to SEC powers, but not Vandy. I simply stated that our stadium was comparable to Vandy, which is an SEC power. I also said we are supposedly renovating, because frankly, nothing much visible has changed.

Same as football (#6 finish).

I don't agree with that dumb take either. We belong in both sports.

That’s not what I meant, I know we went to the Orange Bowl, I’m not degrading that at all, simply saying the baseball team went a long way this year, made it to Omaha, won a couple games it’s at least equivalent to the results of the other sports, if not better.

VN Store

Back