Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

Been away on vacation. From what I’ve heard about Stamos he’s a solid arm. They think staff valued him to get another guy who’s “been around the block” on a pitching staff that will include a lot of youngsters.

Merritt was a huge influence on the team last year so I think going forward you’ll probably always see at least one guy who’s on the older end brought in via the portal.

Not sure how much Stamos will ultimately play (he’s not Merritt level on the field), but he’s got both bullpen and starting experience and was a high strikeout guy. You can never have too many arms and this is a good low risk addition in case some of the freshmen lefties aren’t quite ready from day 1.

Been away on vacation. From what I’ve heard about Stamos he’s a solid arm. They think staff valued him to get another guy who’s “been around the block” on a pitching staff that will include a lot of youngsters.

Merritt was a huge influence on the team last year so I think going forward you’ll probably always see at least one guy who’s on the older end brought in via the portal.

Not sure how much Stamos will ultimately play (he’s not Merritt level on the field), but he’s got both bullpen and starting experience and was a high strikeout guy. You can never have too many arms and this is a good low risk addition in case some of the freshmen lefties aren’t quite ready from day 1.
To add I don’t expect him to be a huge core piece of the pitching staff, but he’s going to be an adult in the locker room and can eat some outs - especially because FA loves to have a lot of lefties around to pitch the matchups

That’s good news in so many ways, I’d advise anyone to play as long as they can, work can wait.
My opinion know it doesn't mean a hill of beans is that Kirby should have the opportunity to be the closer. I know he was more of a situational pitcher this past season but he reminds me of the guy that closed a couple of seasons ago just a thought...

Kendall Rogers seeing Montgomery's announcement on IG for Aggie:

D95h.gif

VN Store

Back