Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

He was the ring leader of the “Tony is going to LSU” brigade for about 6 weeks in 2021 and now he wants to pretend that LSU was never interested.
Every LSU fan in attendance at the Supers thought he was a done deal once the season was over. They at minimum wanted him and they undoubtedly thought he would accept in a heartbeat. Their and Arkansas’ beef is the same: they pretentiously thought CTV would crawl on broken glass and hot coals to take the reins one day and when they realized it wasn’t happening they directed their ire to UT baseball. The same fanbases that call out our shenanigans, welcome Jones screaming “f you” to a UK pitcher, Skenes waving batters to the dugout to sit down, Tommy Tanks looking like he’ll go into a roid rage any time something doesn’t go his way. They’re so blinded by their superiority complex they don’t even see the hypocrisy of their ways.

They never went after tony. Literally every reporter has admitted that by now
I’m usually the last person to believe anything Tony Basilio says, but he talks to Vitello directly on a frequent basis, both on and off his show. And he said during LSU’s search that if they offered Vitello, he was gone.

Reactions: knoxvol52
One thing Ive had to learn as a school level coach is loyalty doesnt exist and its my job.

You've gotta do whats best for you because as much as the school may love you today they can fire you tomorrow.

I dont know if LSU offered Tony any more than you all do but as fans we see it differently than you would if it was your job.

We love Tony today.

Let him screw up today.

Will we tomorrow?

Probably done for now. I’m not sure if they had a backup plan for Holman or if the backup plan was just roll with what they have (not sure there’s any portal pitchers out there who are better than any of the freshmen)

I expect you’ll see some more movement after fall, but typically that’s gonna be some guys who see the writing on the wall leaving and unless something crazy happens you aren’t adding any major pieces for your team after fall ball. A lot of the guys such as Booker, Kendro, and Jaslove have already decided to move on which was smart on their part. You’re really behind if you miss fall ball

Tony V said that there was one other portal pitcher the had his eye on if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back