Portal Activity (News and Rumors)

He would. Take everything with a grain of salt. It’s just a name we’re interested in. Same thing was said about the Xavier pitcher and two days later he was at LSU. But, it will be fun to watch which names we target this cycle.
That was my thought when you posted it, he will end up at LSU if they want him. Anybody they truly want will.

this is extremely deflating news. How in the world can you compete with that? I have no idea what our kids are getting. I assume it isn't much.
You can’t. No other program in the country can. That’s why LSU is landing all the top portal players.

Reactions: Titan05
I know I’m beating a dead horse but Danny White better be figuring out how to up the all around investment into our baseball program.

I know I’m beating a dead horse but Danny White better be figuring out how to up the all around investment into our baseball program.

We’ve pledged $65 million to stadium renovations. The investment is fine, we just need to get the stadium renovations actually started.

We are never going to be premier players in the baseball NIL space. That money will always be reserved for football. Some of our players will get a nice little bonus, but it’s not going to be a primary selling point of our program.

We’ve pledged $65 million to stadium renovations. The investment is fine, we just need to get the stadium renovations actually started.

We are never going to be premier players in the baseball NIL space. That money will always be reserved for football. Some of our players will get a nice little bonus, but it’s not going to be a primary selling point of our program.
I have some faith in Vol Nation. Boyd, Donde and DW also. May take longer to build, but we’ll get there. Great coaching is still our best selling point, followed closely by fanbase!

Can we get a catcher please
I'd settle for a right fielder that has a clue what is/isn't a strike. CScott needs to see an optometrist, I'm afraid. 1-12 with 8 Ks in the CWS. Wasn't much better in Hattiesburg, either (1-11 with 2Ks). In the Regionals, he was 2-12 with 2 Ks.

So in 9 postseason games, he was a combine 4-35 (.114) with 12 Ks.

I'd settle for a right fielder that has a clue what is/isn't a strike. CScott needs to see an optometrist, I'm afraid. 1-12 with 8 Ks in the CWS. Wasn't much better in Hattiesburg, either (1-11 with 2Ks). In the Regionals, he was 2-12 with 2 Ks.

So in 9 postseason games, he was a combine 4-35 (.114) with 12 Ks.
Hard to win big games when you only play with 7 batters

I keep saying UT money can’t compete with LSU UT is football, then basketball then baseball even though baseball has had more recent success. We were in the hunt for SS from USC also and lost to LSU.

How are NIL deals calculated?

I went to college in the 80's and NIL was not even on the radar back then.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
and the more I think about it. I doubt a COVID year graduate would want to play catcher. I think he has played there sparingly in the past

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back