Post Examples of Fox News Lies

I posit that Fox News has the most rigorous verification and confirmation system of the cable news outlets. They know they have a target on their back and make damn sure to give hungry lawyers nothing to sink their teeth into.

Why odes anyone even watch scripted television?

Why do anyone buy crappy products or services for anyone on here who's in sales?

I posit that Fox News has the most rigorous verification and confirmation system of the cable news outlets. They know they have a target on their back and make damn sure to give hungry lawyers nothing to sink their teeth into.

Agreed. The other outlets can site each other and pretend they’ve verified a story. A lot of that happened with Russia gate nonsense.

Reactions: Orangeburst

I read the first one. Conservative outlets such as Fox News claimed Biden wanted to reduce red meat consumption by 90% because he said he wanted to cut carbon emissions by 50% and a university of Michigan study said to do so we would need to cut red meat by 90%.

I do agree that’s bad journalism. But it’s not on the same level as the examples cited from CNN. On top of that fox even admitted it was overstatement.

Has CNN retracted their fake story about CNN or even admitted they were wrong?

The week after the KY storm a reporter asked Biden if he thought climate change might possibly be a cause of severe weather. Biden stated that it was a possibility and that it was something the EPA was researching. Fox ran the headline “Biden uses deadly storm to push radical climate change agenda “. To me that’s a lie…. At the very least it’s pretty terrible journalism. But I’m probably in the minority.

It is important to remember the foundation of FoxNews and its original reason for existing: to provide cover and support for Republican office holders and interests in the wake of increased scrutiny brought on by the actions of the Nixon presidency.

How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory (openly biased source)

https://theweek.com/articles/880107/why-fox-news-created (source-backed editorial)

The effects of Fox News, 25 years later (Not the best writing, but does give a solid historical overview)

It is important to remember the foundation of FoxNews and its original reason for existing: to provide cover and support for Republican office holders and interests in the wake of increased scrutiny brought on by the actions of the Nixon presidency.

How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory (openly biased source)

https://theweek.com/articles/880107/why-fox-news-created (source-backed editorial)

The effects of Fox News, 25 years later (Not the best writing, but does give a solid historical overview)

Sure but the reason why they had to build a right wing agency matters. Because all the others lean so hard left, the right lacked representation

Reactions: NEO
Sure but the reason why they had to build a right wing agency matters. Because all the others lean so hard left, the right lacked representation

Go to the root, during the Nixon administration. The desire wasn't right vs left, but GOP vs everyone else. It's wasn't that the right lacked representation, but that the politics were being picked apart by investigative journalism.

We can't view that time period with the lens of modernity.

The week after the KY storm a reporter asked Biden if he thought climate change might possibly be a cause of severe weather. Biden stated that it was a possibility and that it was something the EPA was researching. Fox ran the headline “Biden uses deadly storm to push radical climate change agenda “. To me that’s a lie…. At the very least it’s pretty terrible journalism. But I’m probably in the minority.

I’ve yet to see a weather event the left didn’t try to pretend was climate change related. They openly claim the mismanagement of the forests in California that’s lead to mass forest fires despite decreased oxygen in the atmosphere is somehow due to the climate being 1 degree warmer over a 100 year period on average.

He did say “obviously it has some impact here”, but I genuinely agree with that the headline was overplaying their hand. Still don’t consider this on par with the big examples I gave to open the thread. More on par with the daily nonsense from both sides for clicks

The first link below is to an opinion column where Tucker Carlson alleged that :

(1) A vote in the 2020 Presidential General Election had been cast in the name of James Blalock of Covington, Georgia, even though he had died in 2006.

(2) A vote in the 2020 Presidential General Election had been cast in the name of Linda Kesler of Nicholson, Georgia, even though she had died in 2003.

(3) A vote in the 2020 Presidential General Election had been cast in the name of Rosemarie Hartle of Las Vegas, Nevada, even though she had died in 2017.

Tucker Carlson: Yes, dead people voted in this election and Democrats helped make it happen

The second link is to an on-air apology from Tucker Carlson, where he acknowledges that the first allegation is false. The second allegation had also been proven false. It just so happens that the person who voted is a different woman named Lynda Kesler (the first name spelled with a Y, instead of with an I), who lives in the same district and is very much alive. She also has a different address, birthday, and zip code than the Linda Kesler that Carlson had cited above. Carlson has still not apologized for that error.

Fox News anchor apologises after parroting Trump team's false claims of dead people voting in Georgia

As for the third allegation? Rosemarie Hartle's husband, Donald Kirk Hartle, has pleaded guilty to casting a vote in her name. Tucker Carlson had run with Hartle's lie of him having no knowledge of how a fraudulent vote was cast in his late wife's name. Carlson has still never mentioned this revelation on air, and corrected the record, as an actual journalist would.

Nevada man featured in GOP ad on voter fraud admits to forging dead wife's name on ballot

So, there you have 3 lies concerning voter fraud from Tucker Carlson... and he has only apologized for one of them.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back