Potential shipping strike on the East Coast.

So.... now that those greedy longshoremen extracted an additional 12% out of the dock operators, what is the opinion of them? I think we can all agree that Daggett is a thug, but what about the rank and file worker? Good guys? Bad guys? Does anyone care anymore since the cheap Chinese **** is now bound for your local Walmart?

And it is apparently a tentative agreement which means the rank and file still have to vote on it. The thug will send it to them, but it could still be rejected.

Reactions: Vol737
So.... now that those greedy longshoremen extracted an additional 12% out of the dock operators, what is the opinion of them? I think we can all agree that Daggett is a thug, but what about the rank and file worker? Good guys? Bad guys? Does anyone care anymore since the cheap Chinese **** is now bound for your local Walmart?

And it is apparently a tentative agreement which means the rank and file still have to vote on it. The thug will send it to them, but it could still be rejected.

Unions are corrupt, I've worked with and around unions quite a bit over the last 30+ years and I've never ran across a "good" one.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Unions are corrupt, I've worked with and around unions quite a bit over the last 30+ years and I've never ran across a "good" one.

Get rid of corporations and you probably wouldn't need them. The issue is, once the world went to artificial entities this caused considerable distortions in traditional markets.

What does this even mean? I'll agree that a lot of union leadership are corrupt, but the unions themselves? How so? I'm a member of a union and I hate the leadership, but I don't understand what you mean by your statement.

What does this even mean? I'll agree that a lot of union leadership are corrupt, but the unions themselves? How so? I'm a member of a union and I hate the leadership, but I don't understand what you mean by your statement.

Union ppl aren't the nicest ppl to work around, what I do they don't want to do but always interfering with what I do. Cut cords, hoses, shut off equipment etc. etc. etc the list goes on typical small time mob ****. Minor inconveniences but it costs money and time.

I don't have a soft spot for unions, just me. Do I think myself and any union guy could sit down and have a beer yes, but put them in room with other union ppl and they get stupid especially when they think you're trespassing on their stuff.

Just my experience

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Won't happen. Government loves Corporations because they can regulate and tax them. (i.e. Control them).

Oh, I am not saying anyone is getting rid of them... post 1900 society would come to an end. All I am saying is unions are more or less the solution to the problem humans created. Than humans complain about the solutions they created.

Union ppl aren't the nicest ppl to work around, what I do they don't want to do but always interfering with what I do. Cut cords, hoses, shut off equipment etc. etc. etc the list goes on typical small time mob ****. Minor inconveniences but it costs money and time.

I don't have a soft spot for unions, just me. Do I think myself and any union guy could sit down and have a beer yes, but put them in room with other union ppl and they get stupid especially when they think you're trespassing on their stuff.

Just my experience
There is a lot of vagueness in this response.

There is a lot of vagueness in this response.

I'm not in a union, when I'm there doing my specialized work that I do that they do not want to perform or have any part of they constantly ******* with me. (wow you can't even space out a cuss word lol)

They don't want me there, but they don't want to do the work, so they deploy ****** practices of typical union ******** when dealing with non union ppl.

Thing is they need me there, but they're so blinded by their "I'M UNION STRONG UNION PROUD" ******** they can't see it.

That's it, bad subject should of just kept my mouth shut. There was a time this country needed unions but that time has come, passed and was buried with Hoffa..... just my opinion and life experiences.

I'm not in a union, when I'm there doing my specialized work that I do that they do not want to perform or have any part of they constantly ******* with me. (wow you can't even space out a cuss word lol)

They don't want me there, but they don't want to do the work, so they deploy ****** practices of typical union ******** when dealing with non union ppl.

Thing is they need me there, but they're so blinded by their "I'M UNION STRONG UNION PROUD" ******** they can't see it.

That's it, bad subject should of just kept my mouth shut. There was a time this country needed unions but that time has come, passed and was buried with Hoffa..... just my opinion and life experiences.
What are their reasons for messing with you? Why don't they want you there? I don't buy the 'union strong union proud' thing as being their 'reason'. What is it that you do that they are not interested in doing? Is it highly specialized?

I hope you will continue the discussion because it is very interesting (to me anyway). I was forced to join the union when I got hired. Thru collective bargaining, my compensation has been very good for most of my career. They lost a fumble when my company declared bankruptcy, and they recently stabbed me in the back (which is why I resigned from full membership). But they have had their purpose. I hate the union, and I despise the leadership.. But if we didn't have it, I wouldn't have made half of what I did over my career.

VN Store

Back