Potential shipping strike on the East Coast.

Biden COULD step in and force the longshoremen to stay on the job. So far he is signaling no intention to do so. This could be his ultimate revenge on Kamala. A port strike wrecks the supply chain and sends an immediate inflation spike throughout the economy five weeks before the election.
This would almost automatically put Trump in the White House.
Ultimate irony if the blue collar union vote, one the strong central pillar of the democrat coalition (before being jettisoned in favor of the coastal work elites) effectively delivers the White House and both houses of Congress to the Republicans.
The term I would use is “karma”

They wouldn't dare piss off the unions by preventing the strike.

They lose either way. Piss off the unions and lose their remaining votes or piss off the consumers and lose their votes. No win scenario for the dimocrats.
View attachment 680694

Yeah, let's welcome supply chain disruption so Trump's dumbass can get a 2nd go at ****ing the economy.

If he wins, the stock market will go up because of consumer confidence will go up, and everybody will say "See?!" and then the next 4 years he'll be enacting inflationary policy and spending us into oblivion.

I really hope no one ensures any hardships other than this administration. But I hope it burns the hell out of them.
I can tell you we are anticipating some hardships, but they could have been avoided had several of our clients listened to us when we told them to plan for risks like this. Unfortunately in the industry I'm in some of those hardships could cost people their lives.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Yeah, let's welcome supply chain disruption so Trump's dumbass can get a 2nd go at ****ing the economy.

If he wins, the stock market will go up because of consumer confidence will go up, and everybody will say "See?!" and then the next 4 years he'll be enacting inflationary policy and spending us into oblivion.
I’d say you’re likely right about that second paragraph and whoever succeeds him will get most of the blame.

East Coast Port Strike: ILA Union Rejects Wage Hike Offer Near 50% as shutdown at midnight nears​

• Ports ownership group USMX said it made a wage hike offer of near 50% which it hoped would lead to resumption of collective bargaining, but the International Longshoremen’s Association (ILA) rejected the offer and stated that its wage demands were still not being met.

East Coast Port Strike: ILA Union Rejects Wage Hike Offer Near 50% as shutdown at midnight nears​

• Ports ownership group USMX said it made a wage hike offer of near 50% which it hoped would lead to resumption of collective bargaining, but the International Longshoremen’s Association (ILA) rejected the offer and stated that its wage demands were still not being met.
they must have a lot of problems with these people!

a little context.

according to a quick Google, starting base pay is 81k, with overtime being up to 200k, and average base pay is well over 100k. so a 77% raise is going to have these guys well into the mid 100s for base pay. and on top of that they are wanting guarantees for no more automation.

they are burning the shipping guys on both ends.

most of America doesn't have those wages, nor a shot at 50% wage growth over 6 years these guys are turning down.

the shipping companies have seen profits drop from 54 billion a year to just 5 billion projected in 2024, and that was after being in the red all/most of '23.

Reactions: tbwhhs and ButchPlz
a little context.

according to a quick Google, starting base pay is 81k, with overtime being up to 200k, and average base pay is well over 100k. so a 77% raise is going to have these guys well into the mid 100s for base pay. and on top of that they are wanting guarantees for no more automation.

they are burning the shipping guys on both ends.

most of America doesn't have those wages, nor a shot at 50% wage growth over 6 years these guys are turning down.

the shipping companies have seen profits drop from 54 billion a year to just 5 billion projected in 2024, and that was after being in the red all/most of '23.
Holding the country for ransom out of greed.

Reactions: Tnslim1 and tbwhhs

VN Store

Back