Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

Many of them were deists and did not practice religion. So if the group prayed that doesn't mean the individuals of that group did.

You just proved my point.....yes it is documented that they prayed before writing the constitution and yes some of them were deists but they were not crybabys that could.not handle someone praying to open the meeting and could still get the job done.

As a devout Christian, I agree. Although I can't imagine why any person would be offended by prayer (speaking to someone you don't believe exists...), I respect the moment of silence.

Here's an idea... Why do so many Christians care so much about someone else's right to pray publicly at a football game or in a classroom, and yet are so undisciplined at praying privately in the home, with their family?

This

God Rains on the Just as well as the Unjust. The bottom line is that the Unjust will meet their fate because they were afforded the Word of God and chose not to believe. No one is forcing you to pray at a football game. If you don't believe in God so be it. But, on the same hand, should Believers have to conform because you don't want to pray? We can cheer together, but not pray together. To the Big Bang Theory guys, if the universe created the Heaven and Earth and all there of, who created the matter? Regardless of your argument, it still goes back to God.

God Rains on the Just as well as the Unjust. The bottom line is that the Unjust will meet their fate because they were afforded the Word of God and chose not to believe. No one is forcing you to pray at a football game. If you don't believe in God so be it. But, on the same hand, should Believers have to conform because you don't want to pray? We can cheer together, but not pray together. To the Big Bang Theory guys, if the universe created the Heaven and Earth and all there of, who created the matter? Regardless of your argument, it still goes back to God.

Who created God? Man?

Who created God? Man?

This is like the Higgs-Boson, or the search for human origins in the recent Sci-fi film, Prometheus. Even after you can create the Boson particle, and even after you locate the Engineers, it settles absolutely nothing and just raises another question: who or what produced/made this particle or the Engineers? It's an endless deferral of questions without answers.

What's funny is the people saying "they're takin our freedom of religion away!" would not support a prayer if it was for any other religion. If it was a muslim prayer, you folks would be trying to get it removed. But if people don't support your religions prayer, then there is a problem? it doesn't work like that.

As a devout Christian, I agree. Although I can't imagine why any person would be offended by prayer (speaking to someone you don't believe exists...), I respect the moment of silence.

Here's an idea... Why do so many Christians care so much about someone else's right to pray publicly at a football game or in a classroom, and yet are so undisciplined at praying privately in the home, with their family?

Because most are Hearers of the Word and not Doers of the Word. Jesus said if you Love me, obey my Commandments. Not some. Not all the man-made to be commandments like the Pharisees, but His Word. He's the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one can see the Father unless you go through the Son. You make a valid point. I see a lot of references to Muslims in this thread as well. Not every Middle-Easterner are devote Muslims, just as everyone that says they are a Believer in Christ is a Christian. Most Muslims that attack the US aren't even devote followers. Instead of praying for victory, we should pray to be filled with more humble and meek spirit. More Christ-like.

wow...the irony is funny...the universe can't just have always been there but a magical god can come from nothing...gotcha

Reactions: 1 person
What's funny is the people saying "they're takin our freedom of religion away!" would not support a prayer if it was for any other religion. If it was a muslim prayer, you folks would be trying to get it removed. But if people don't support your religions prayer, then there is a problem? it doesn't work like that.

You do realize that all kinds of different denominations pray at the games right?

You just proved my point.....yes it is documented that they prayed before writing the constitution and yes some of them were deists but they were not crybabys that could.not handle someone praying to open the meeting and could still get the job done.

Whole lot of crying by (some) Christians going on in this thread. Baby want a tissue?

I for one am an athiest and don't care about the prayer at the game. I'm fine with or without it. I only started chiming in when I heard a bunch of ignorant rantings about athiests going to hell and leading to the decline of civilization.

Carnal minds can't understand what goes on in the Spirit word. The god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. Meaning the devil is the ruler of this world right now is keeping the unbelievers from believing in the Word of God. The devil is the author of confusion. What is going on in this thread? Confusion. It's his plan to divide. He comes to steal, kill, and destroy. So, why allow him keep you carnal minded?

The point isn't that a Muslim is praying, but the fact is that the event isn't a Muslim event. If a Mosque was holding an event, who do you think would lead the participants in prayer? The Imam that's who. With that being said, you are subject to the host. Is it right for me as a Christian to go to a Muslim or Atheist sponsored event and demand a Christian prayer of sorts? Naw man.

Carnal minds can't understand what goes on in the Spirit word. The god of this world has blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. Meaning the devil is the ruler of this world right now is keeping the unbelievers from believing in the Word of God. The devil is the author of confusion. What is going on in this thread? Confusion. It's his plan to divide. He comes to steal, kill, and destroy. So, why allow him keep you carnal minded?

sounds like a great comic book battle...hopefully this superman god will eventually slay this evil villain!

define "carnal minded". It would seem to me that you're suggesting that athiests only think about sex and pleasures of the flesh, as that is how carnal is defined. If you knew me, you'd know that my life's not that interesting. I go to work, pay my taxes, try to exercise, do the right thing by my neighbor, and sometimes watch TV and football to relax. My job is low paying and serves the community. So how have you got me pegged as "carnal minded"?

If God knew all along that the Devil would rebel against him, and essentially this was part of his [God's] plan, then what are we to make of the Devil? What are we to make of God? Similarly, if we are all subject to God's will, then what do we do with something like free will, since we also seem to believe that human's make their own decisions?

The point isn't that a Muslim is praying, but the fact is that the event isn't a Muslim event. If a Mosque was holding an event, who do you think would lead the participants in prayer? The Imam that's who. With that being said, you are subject to the host. Is it right for me as a Christian to go to a Muslim or Atheist sponsored event and demand a Christian prayer of sorts? Naw man.

what religious group sponsors ut football?

Football is not a Christian activity. Its an North American activity.

So Christians have monopolized American football? In other words, football is now officially a Christian event?

do you think a football game is a Christian event?

define "carnal minded". It would seem to me that you're suggesting that athiests only think about sex and pleasures of the flesh, as that is how carnal is defined. If you knew me, you'd know that my life's not that interesting. I go to work, pay my taxes, try to exercise, do the right thing by my neighbor, and sometimes watch TV and football to relax. My job is low paying and serves the community. So how have you got me pegged as "carnal minded"?

Carnal minded means to be concerned only with the affairs of this world, and not looking to God's promise of everlasting life.

My post wasn't quoted to anything you said. So, no I don't have you begged as carnal minded. You jumped on that grenade, since I have no reference to your name in that post.

they recited the Lord's Prayer at the Florida game

I was at the game but didn't pay that close of attention to the prayer but they do have different denominations.....last yr one made me laugh when they were mentioning the spiders and insects during their prayer.

VN Store

Back