Praying Before Game WILL NOT BE STOPPED AT UT (merged)

I would pray for peoples tolerance of their fellow man so that, even if you aren't religious, you can shut up for a minute while people around you pray. I would also ask that if you are religious try to understand that if mandatory public prayer is ended it is not the end of your faith, and it is not an effort to destroy America.

If you can't keep quiet for a minute while everyone prays without being offended you are a self involved jerk. If you think that removing a mandatory public prayer at a sporting event is a threat to your faith/religion/country you are a paranoid idiot. I don't have the words to express my exasperation with some posts in this thread. Get over yourselves people.

And boom goes the dynamite...best post in this abortion of a thread.

:rock:

Reactions: 2 people
what book am I reading? and what is it that I said that you disagreed with? Haven't even answered that simple question.

You have yet to make one valid point on your stance towards christianity, I don't know what else to tell you. I have my beliefs, you have yours, and in no form or fashion are the two remotely related.

getting for real. I saw on here a few days ago a thread titled tennessee pre-game prayer and didn't open. I just figured someone had a story about it and I was too interested in venting about the Florida loss and Dooley's replacement. Then tonight I see this artice on the home page of yahoo. I guess this is becoming a big deal. Personally I think it ridiculous. Even if you're not a christian how offensive could this really be? The vast majority of people (especially around here) have no issue with it, shouldn't that be allowed?

Tennessee: Pregame prayer isn

siap. the other thread contains another artice and is just below this one

Last edited:
I was just reading the comments on that article! Over 3500 of them and most people are cheering UT on in their stand for prayer! Awesomeness!

Should be a silent prayer or a moment of silence at least! Not everyone in orange or any other color is a Christian or believes in God! Not saying I'm one of them, just my opinion!

I honestly don't see why people would be in such an uproar over the prayer because it does not say anything specific to any religion. At the same time I don't know why you need someone to say a pray for you at a football game. Why not just pray to yourself if that is what you want.

There is nowhere that states you must choose a religion. I do agree that most people say they are accepting of all religions but what they really mean is all but Christianity.

I think that's false. I'm a Christian and I do not feel discriminated against anywhere I or my kids go. Anyone can pray at any time in this country, that's pretty awesome. Mandating we all do it or hear it at some shared venue is no less discriminatory than mandating we don't do it. People who rally this issue perplex me because being a Christian has so very little to do with any one prayer. Would I rather they didn't use laws to stop it, yes, but that's just me wanting what I want which IMO isn't a very Christian view point anyway. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar is how I see it.

Yeah at first I was laughing too…..but now the ignorance and idiocy is just overwhelming….it’s actually scary...

You people are real aren’t you….and you’re serious…you’re out there among us….

Im glad they kept the prayer though. These human rights people cant get everything they want considering we are in the bible belt

The vast majority of comments seem to support the University's stance. I find it funny that it's the opposite on Volnation. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. Volnation's pulse never seems to match up with those in the non-cybernetic world.

I would pray for peoples tolerance of their fellow man so that, even if you aren't religious, you can shut up for a minute while people around you pray. I would also ask that if you are religious try to understand that if mandatory public prayer is ended it is not the end of your faith, and it is not an effort to destroy America.

If you can't keep quiet for a minute while everyone prays without being offended you are a self involved jerk. If you think that removing a mandatory public prayer at a sporting event is a threat to your faith/religion/country you are a paranoid idiot. I don't have the words to express my exasperation with some posts in this thread. Get over yourselves people.

I would encourage everyone to quote this post over and over and over and over again.

If you don't, God will give your Aunt Trudy a wicked combination of gout and rickets.

I would encourage everyone to quote this post over and over and over and over again.

If you don't, God will give your Aunt Trudy a wicked combination of gout and rickets.

I'm very confused by his pairing of words which form what I believe to be sentences. Not sure though.:unsure:

Sorry if this pisses off any of the super religious around here... but god does not care about football.

All the prayer in the world will not help you as much as being prepared for your opponent.

Not saying I have an opinion on it either way.. I feel if someone wants to pray that is their right.. but no one should be forced to do it, or made to feel bad because they do not share in the beliefs of someone else.

This is america, the land of the free.. and as long as you are not hurting someone else, no one should be able to tell you what to do..

There is way to much of this politically correct BS pushed on people in this country right now, and its coming to a boiling point.

JMOFWIW

I was just reading the comments on that article! Over 3500 of them and most people are cheering UT on in their stand for prayer! Awesomeness!

Majority does not rule when it comes to constitutionality. If it did interracial marriage would be illegal in some states and there would be a hunting season in Hispanics in Arizona lol.

Again, like UTC did, a moment of silence will suffice. Let's see how they react when the letter transforms into an actual lawsuit.

I don't care either way, but think if they are going to do it then all religions should be able to give the invocation or whatever they call it.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back