President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Doesn't stuff like this happen all the time?

We routinely press in international air space up to their border and they on ours. What was notable on this incursion was coordinated ops with Russian and PRC aircraft.

We routinely press in international air space up to their border and they on ours. What was notable on this incursion was coordinated ops with Russian and PRC aircraft.

Aren't ours are likely done during joint exercises as well?

This just seems like a regular occurrence being blown up into something is really isn't.

Reactions: LouderVol
Aren't ours are likely done during joint exercises as well?

This just seems like a regular occurrence being blown up into something is really isn't.
In the Alaskan ADIZ no I don’t think so. That is where this occurred. Historically I think that zone has been only US and Russian interaction. Well… with a couple of Chinese “weather balloons” thrown in for good measure. I didnt blink at seeing it happened either other than noting both the Russian and PRC aircraft. That was about it for me.

In the Alaskan ADIZ no I don’t think so. That is where this occurred. Historically I think that zone has been only US and Russian interaction. Well… with a couple of Chinese “weather balloons” thrown in for good measure. I didnt blink at seeing it happened either other than noting both the Russian and PRC aircraft. That was about it for me.
Fair enough 👍

Fair enough 👍
I’d guess you could easily find another country’s aircraft having been in that area before. I don’t think this was precedent setting. Just thinking back over 40 years I think it’s the exception not the rule. The fact Russian and PRC aircraft were doing coordinated ops is the notable part for me. The fact that it occurred in the Alaska ADIZ (air defense identification zone for those wondering) didn’t amplify anything to me personally.

And they can operate in that region as much as they want it isn’t territorial waters. Just as we can.

VN Store

Back