President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Who gave us McCain?

The political process is broken because of the pool from which these clowns are dredged. If you actually look at the people involved in the political process in the US, you would be hard pressed to find anyone at any level worth electing as dog catcher. It no competent and normal person would really have much desire to swim in such a polluted sea. It takes a special kind of egotistical POS to do what it takes to win a political office these days.

Most systems have negative feedback that causes the pendulum to moderate, but the political pendulum continues to swing more erratically and with greater force, and we as society are the forcing function. Too many causes and too many people believing they are special - that they know more and are more than all the far more moderate generations that went before. Maybe it's an outgrowth of technology that gives people the platforms where being outlandish trumps actual accomplishment.

I didn't consider HRC to be horrendously despicable, but I knew the other side did and that is why I did not support her in the primaries.

For many, that's exactly why they DID support Trump.

If you didn't find Hiliarly horrendously despicable, then you have no place in this debate because you are no judge of character.

If you didn't find Hiliarly horrendously despicable, then you have no place in this debate because you are no judge of character.
He doesn’t find Democrats horrendously despicable. He always like to say that he votes on the character of the candidate, but he voted for Bill Clinton twice. So obviously he doesn’t really care about character.

No place in the debate? Give me a break
Hillary had been targeted by right wing propaganda for 25 years. Views were beyond distorted.
Trump had spent 30 years creating his own media image.
For most, it's less about the inability to judge character and more about the inability to think.

Jim Webb. If Jim hadn’t defeated George Allen in the ‘06 Virginia senate race then Allen would have been the Republican nominee in 2008.

The funny thing is that the two people I could consider worth voting for from both parties are both dems - Jim Webb and Tulsi Gabbard. Maybe we don't know enough about them, but from all appearances their characters seem to exceed their political views, and that's almost unheard of in current day politics.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
The funny thing is that the two people I could consider worth voting for from both parties are both dems - Jim Webb and Tulsi Gabbard. Maybe we don't know enough about them, but from all appearances their characters seem to exceed their political views, and that's almost unheard of in current day politics.
Well I personally know Jim through his relationship with my father. I think Hog said that he had some interactions with him and isn’t a big fan, but I think he even said that he’d vote for him. Or at least in 2016 he would have.

Reactions: StarRaider and AM64

I would have voted for Webb (even though I think he's an ass) had he won the Dem nomination in 2016.

Reactions: AM64
No place in the debate? Give me a break
Hillary had been targeted by right wing propaganda for 25 years. Views were beyond distorted.
Trump had spent 30 years creating his own media image.
For most, it's less about the inability to judge character and more about the inability to think.

this post proves you fail at the bolded assessment.

Well I personally know Jim through his relationship with my father. I think Hog said that he had some interactions with him and isn’t a big fan, but I think he even said that he’d vote for him. Or at least in 2016 he would have.

I've met him through my dad too, we both think he's an ass but yeah I would have voted for him in 2016. He should have ran for the R nomination, he was more conservative than any of the candidates except maybe R Paul.

He doesn’t find Democrats horrendously despicable. He always like to say that he votes on the character of the candidate, but he voted for Bill Clinton twice. So obviously he doesn’t really care about character.

To be fair I voted for Clinton twice. I was young. When you are young you think as a youngster.

Now as I have matured if I still voted for these band of democrats then that is a different story.

Last edited:
I've met him through my dad too, we both think he's an ass but yeah I would have voted for him in 2016. He should have ran for the R nomination, he was more conservative than any of the candidates except maybe R Paul.

I've never met Jim Webb, but I could easily believe the thing about his being an ass. The Nightingale's Song by Robert Timberg covers Webb pretty well. Timberg is also an ex Marine officer who was burned and horribly scarred in Viet Nam, and still became a journalist; his books are well worth reading. Right now in dealing with problems like China having a competent ass in office might not be such a bad thing.

Reactions: tntar heel
I've never met Jim Webb, but I could easily believe the thing about his being an ass. The Nightingale's Song by Robert Timberg covers Webb pretty well. Timberg is also an ex Marine officer who was burned and horribly scarred in Viet Nam, and still became a journalist; his books are well worth reading. Right now in dealing with problems like China having a competent ass in office might not be such a bad thing.
We had a competent ass in office. Apparently the scarring from mean tweets was just too much to bear.

That makes zero sense; proving which is your greater inability, which in turn supports my statement.

it makes perfect sense - your assessment of the candidate on your side is that she was the victim of negative stories; the candidate you oppose gets no such grace.

lie to yourself the you are objectively evaluating character while others don't/can't but you demonstrated your subjectivity within the post

VN Store

Back