Pro-Russia Trump Led Republicans Vote Against NATO

Government workers get the same pay as private workers? In what world.
Well, Biden is a multi millionaire. SOMEONE sure paid him along the way
Ask Nancy and her husband about stock purchases that never seem to lose clue as well. Oh, and Hillary in the futures Market

Reactions: StarRaider
Reasonably, our expectation should be that the EU - with more people than the U.S. and similar GDP - should approximate our capability. Then the U.S. should not be needed except if some combo of Russia, China, maybe Iran were to attack a NATO country. If we're to remain in NATO, I'd favor that sort of realignment, putting Europe on a 5-year plan to bulk up as we draw down Euro presence, letting the bulk of Russian aggression fall entirely on them. Without an unconditionally obligated big brother, perhaps countries will be more circumspect in relations.

We've missed decades of opportunity to have encouraged buildout of an Asian 'NATO'. It'd be nice if relations with China pushed India, Japan and S, Korea together.

Ask Nancy and her husband about stock purchases that never seem to lose clue as well. Oh, and Hillary in the futures Market
I think the left sometimes forgets that their overlords work for the government. They certainly aren’t working for us!

Reasonably, our expectation should be that the EU - with more people than the U.S. and similar GDP - should approximate our capability. Then the U.S. should not be needed except if some combo of Russia, China, maybe Iran were to attack a NATO country. If we're to remain in NATO, I'd favor that sort of realignment, putting Europe on a 5-year plan to bulk up as we draw down Euro presence, letting the bulk of Russian aggression fall entirely on them. Without an unconditionally obligated big brother, perhaps countries will be more circumspect in relations.

We've missed decades of opportunity to have encouraged buildout of an Asian 'NATO'. It'd be nice if relations with China pushed India, Japan and S, Korea together.

The financial commitment is horribly imbalanced. Contrary to the false statements I have seen on here.
The EU should be throwing tens/hundreds..not us.

So you named 4 out of 20 million. No doubt the top of the heap gets some money, but nowhere near the type of money the top of the heap in the corporate world gets.

It's a weird world where liberals so badly want us to become uber world police. Member when Reagan was the devil and other countries should solve their own problems?
I remember the Iran-Contra affair.

Democrats were critical of the Reagan Doctrine, but that wasn't due to the assistance of our NATO allies.

Democrats were critical of Reagan, over his administration's covert foreign policy of selling arms to Iran for hostages, and then illegally redirecting the proceeds to fight Daniel Ortega and the Sandinista government in Nicaragua.

I never argue with people who say that Reagan was a good president... but his administration did sell arms to Iran. That was incredibly stupid.

Last edited:
So you named 4 out of 20 million. No doubt the top of the heap gets some money, but nowhere near the type of money the top of the heap in the corporate world gets.

There are 20 million people in this country that are employed by some level of government? If that number is correct it’s a huge problem.

There are 20 million people in this country that are employed by some level of government? If that number is correct it’s a huge problem.
Only 20 million? That sounds way too low to me. I figured that 20% or more of the population works for the government whether, local, state or federal. Just think of all the police, firemen, trash collectors, school teachers, highway hole lookers, military and on and on and there seems to be no limit of government employed workers.

That's the number I saw.
Here's another source:
Occupational Employment and Wages in State and Local Government : Spotlight on Statistics: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
In 2021, around 18.28 million people were working for state and local governments in the United States. This is much higher than the number of federal government (civilian) employees, which stood at about 2.85 million people in that year.

Way too many.
That's the number I saw.
Here's another source:
Occupational Employment and Wages in State and Local Government : Spotlight on Statistics: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
In 2021, around 18.28 million people were working for state and local governments in the United States. This is much higher than the number of federal government (civilian) employees, which stood at about 2.85 million people in that year.
How many civilians work for government contractors and aren't included in your number?

VN Store

Back