Pro-Russia Trump Led Republicans Vote Against NATO

Pretty much anyone who is overly motivated by money/power ends up being repugnant.
You sound like one of my many former managers when they made the statement that money is not a motivator. That was mostly the only motivator for me, money and benefits. I could have found a crappy job elsewhere that paid more, but the benefits kept me around. Now that they have eliminated most benefits, they have a hard time retaining employees, and they don't understand why.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
You sound like one of my many former managers when they made the statement that money is not a motivator. That was mostly the only motivator for me, money and benefits. I could have found a crappy job elsewhere that paid more, but the benefits kept me around. Now that they have eliminated most benefits, they have a hard time retaining employees, and they don't understand why.
Everyone is rightfully motivated by benefits and money, that's why I used the word "OVERLY".

Calling someone a liberal might explain everything in your mind, but in reality it is a declaration of your own pathetic inadequacy because it sure looks like that is all you got, and it doesn't mean diddly.
The term liberal should never be applied to Democrats. They should be called Democrats or leftists.

Everyone is rightfully motivated by benefits and money, that's why I used the word "OVERLY".
Back in the day, the government officials used to justify the "overly" generous benefits given to employees as balancing the difference between government and private sector pay. Not long after that, the government employees complained about pay discrepancies and suddenly government workers get the same pay as private workers, but they get 10 times better benefits as well.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Back in the day, the government officials used to justify the "overly" generous benefits given to employees as balancing the difference between government and private sector pay. Not long after that, the government employees complained about pay discrepancies and suddenly government workers get the same pay as private workers, but they get 10 times better benefits as well.

True that. Look at some of these pensions..unbelievable. But hey the state attracted the brightest 😂

Government workers get the same pay as private workers? In what world.

Some of California's lifeguards are making $500k and getting $300k pensions. I'd take it too if I could sit on a beach and blow a whistle occasionally.

I wonder what happened with the IL pension crisis...just bet dollars to donuts those COVID packages bought more time.

Reactions: VolStrom
Calling someone a liberal might explain everything in your mind, but in reality it is a declaration of your own pathetic inadequacy because it sure looks like that is all you got, and it doesn't mean diddly.
Liberal is such a conflicted term now. „Classic“ liberalism is right in my wheel house. At least as encouraged by the enlightenment. Hume, Smith and the lot are my political „homies“. What many refer to here as liberal though I try and call „leftists“
Basically, once you start demurring when asked what a woman is, if there are more than two genders, you thing Drag Queen Story Hour is a good idea, or you thing the government can solve inflation and fix the economy by spending more and passing more regulations, you have crossed from liberal to leftist 😂

What you're actually comparing is 190-200 work days to 230-240 work days.
Have you ever worked a salaried job in the private workforce? I just looked up my local school system, a brand-new teacher in year 1 with a bachelors degree pays $47k + benefits. If they get a masters they get a $10k raise plus more money per month. Sorry, but no more than I see from teachers these days, they're not worth it.

Good teachers don’t get paid enough. Administrators and teachers pushing wokeism and CRT do not fall under that category for me however.
My wife and I together have over 60 years in education and could count the total number of administrators and teachers pushing wokeism and CRT on one hand - maybe one finger.

Truman and Kennedy were liberals that I could support. Basically the Democrats were a fine party once. The wheels started coming of in 1968. Some good moderates held out for a while, pretty much ending with Clinton. Manchin and Sinema are the only ones I could support now at a national level. I mourn the loss of the party that once was

Watching you liberals turn back into war hawks like you use to be is an interesting development for sure .

Reactions: Orangeburst

It's motivates you to leave but it doesn't motivate you to stay unless it moves you into a different socio-economic class.

My wife and I together have over 60 years in education and could count the total number of administrators and teachers pushing wokeism and CRT on one hand - maybe one finger.
But you live in a sheltered part of the world. Count yourself blessed

Have you ever worked a salaried job in the private workforce? I just looked up my local school system, a brand-new teacher in year 1 with a bachelors degree pays $47k + benefits. If they get a masters they get a $10k raise plus more money per month. Sorry, but no more than I see from teachers these days, they're not worth it.
I have. You are obviously welcomed to your opinion, but there is a severe teacher shortage for whatever that's worth.

VN Store

Back