Projected SEC Standings

i'd say something, but florida has lost to georgia the last two seasons.

must be some sort of glitch in the matrix.

damn that red pill

You have that red pill, but sadly we've had several that have been hard to swallow lately. Hopefully, we are on the verge of dispensing some Orange pills of our own...soon...Sorry 99, but I wouldn't mind leaving a few bottles of those in the swamp!!! LOL

I live in Missouri. My son attends Mizzou. This article lost all credibility by ranking Mizzou that high considering their lack of SEC level talent on D.

I was surprised by this too. I think Athlon did an article not too long ago that said Mizzou will be lucky to get to 6-6. The author said he wouldn't be surprised if Mizzou was upset by Indiana.

I was surprised by this too. I think Athlon did an article not too long ago that said Mizzou will be lucky to get to 6-6. The author said he wouldn't be surprised if Mizzou was upset by Indiana.

Is most of this based off what a team did last season?

Which means nothing.
I don't disagree that the Crimson Tide have the best chance to win the SEC but I don't completely agree with all of this.

I'm very pleased to see that the Volunteers are predicted to finish at the bottom. It makes the Success that Much sweeter.
To Finish 2-3 would be very overachieving 4th I would say small overachieving.

At Oregon and At Alabama On The Road vs Powerhouses that can easily score more than 28 points. Two games that are both losses.
The Volunteers would need that 2011 AT LSU kind of game to win either of them. Maybe with more experience the Volunteers could produce a better game vs the Crimson Tide.

At Florida A hard game to win but I think we can against the team the Big Orange know so well like Titans Jaguars.

Georgia,South Carolina, Vandy These games even though all at home hard to win but if the Volunteers were to beat the Gators the confidence would be high for the rest of the SEC Games.
At Mizzou A Toss up Game.
vs Auburn If we play up to our capability likely we embarass them winning easily, if we don't the Auburn Tigers could leave Knoxville with a win.
At Kentucky New Coach maybe they play better, and even if Wildcats lose they can make them nailbiters.
APeary,Wkentucky, South Alabama With a New Head Coach and a New QB these games aren't cakewalks. I'm not saying the Volunteers can't win any of the three in blowouts but I think the first two could be like the early games the Gators had last year they won them but not blowouts.

Vs APeary
Vs WKentucky
At Oregon
At Florida
Vs South Alabama
vs Georgia
vs South Carolina
at Alabama
At Mizzou
vs Auburn
vs Vandy
At Kentucky

I will be happy if the team doesn't fold like a cheap suit every 2nd half (Dool's trademark), we field a competitive defense, (thank you Sal) and kicking game. (no missed extra points please) Only then can we move ahead.

should we just go ahead and start telling everyone we expect to go like 5-7 again? That way anything better makes us look good. :)

I guess that will never work. The bar is always set high at Tennessee.

So is this another "Year 0?" :)

It's year one. If were evaluating Butch's record this year, not progress, we won't be happy. All great things worth having take time.

Don't forget that our players have bought in as well unlike his time at Cincy.

It's year one. If were evaluating Butch's record this year, not progress, we won't be happy. All great things worth having take time.

Don't forget that our players have bought in as well unlike his time at Cincy.

I was just kidding but I agree with judging progress.

However, there are a lot of fans on here that make 12 girls at a Justin Bieber concert look rational and sane.

If (and this isn't a stretch) UT loses to Oregon and UF, will the fans stay positive...Does Butch still get it?

I hope so because this will take time.

However, there are a lot of fans on here that make 12 girls at a Justin Bieber concert look rational and sane.

If (and this isn't a stretch) UT loses to Oregon and UF, will the fans stay positive...Does Butch still get it?

All I know is I will. We've seen Butch football, and it will work in this conference. We can go over the fundamentals of football, and every single one was seen during Butch's tenure at cincy.
It's not my fault that many people in life will never learn that everything they do and say has consequences.

If we assume that Dooley = Battle and Jones = Majors, then we are looking at 5 years to be respectable . . . that's how long it took Johnny for people to start saying hey watch out for those Vols.

Battle is actually a good analogy for Dooley. Incredible offensive weapons on his teams but we could not beat the better defensive teams.

However, if you look at Johnny's record outside UT, he came to Knoxville with a 57-43-2 record. He was a solid coach at Iowa State, solid coach at Pitt who got an all-time great college running back and won a NC.

Butch has turned his programs around faster at each stop and comes in with a 50-27 record. I think he will follow the same pattern here, so 3 years in we will be a threat to win the SEC East.

If Jalen Hurd = Tony Dorsett, then watch out world.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If we assume that Dooley = Battle and Jones = Majors, then we are looking at 5 years to be respectable . . . that's how long it took Johnny for people to start saying hey watch out for those Vols.

Battle is actually a good analogy for Dooley. Incredible offensive weapons on his teams but we could not beat the better defensive teams.

However, if you look at Johnny's record outside UT, he came to Knoxville with a 57-43-2 record. He was a solid coach at Iowa State, solid coach at Pitt who got an all-time great college running back and won a NC.

Butch has turned his programs around faster at each stop and comes in with a 50-27 record. I think he will follow the same pattern here, so 3 years in we will be a threat to win the SEC East.

If Jalen Hurd = Tony Dorsett, then watch out world.

Different eras. I hate to break it to you, but Jones won't get 5 years to start winning like Majors. No coach would get that today.

Also, it's an insult to Bill Battle to compare him to Dooley. Battle had three straight 10 win seasons. Dooley never got remotely close to that, even in the WAC.

If you look at it, Battle's last 4 years (which got him fired) were far better than Majors' first 4 years. I don't look at those Majors years as simply rebuilding. He clearly made alot of mistakes to lose so much. Sure, he got it figured out eventually and started winning, but one has to wonder if a better coach would have been more effective.

Reactions: 1 person
Is most of this based off what a team did last season?

Which means nothing.
I don't disagree that the Crimson Tide have the best chance to win the SEC but I don't completely agree with all of this.

I'm very pleased to see that the Volunteers are predicted to finish at the bottom. It makes the Success that Much sweeter.
To Finish 2-3 would be very overachieving 4th I would say small overachieving.

At Oregon and At Alabama On The Road vs Powerhouses that can easily score more than 28 points. Two games that are both losses.
The Volunteers would need that 2011 AT LSU kind of game to win either of them. Maybe with more experience the Volunteers could produce a better game vs the Crimson Tide.

At Florida A hard game to win but I think we can against the team the Big Orange know so well like Titans Jaguars.

Georgia,South Carolina, Vandy These games even though all at home hard to win but if the Volunteers were to beat the Gators the confidence would be high for the rest of the SEC Games.
At Mizzou A Toss up Game.
vs Auburn If we play up to our capability likely we embarass them winning easily, if we don't the Auburn Tigers could leave Knoxville with a win.
At Kentucky New Coach maybe they play better, and even if Wildcats lose they can make them nailbiters.
APeary,Wkentucky, South Alabama With a New Head Coach and a New QB these games aren't cakewalks. I'm not saying the Volunteers can't win any of the three in blowouts but I think the first two could be like the early games the Gators had last year they won them but not blowouts.

Vs APeary
Vs WKentucky
At Oregon
At Florida
Vs South Alabama
vs Georgia
vs South Carolina
at Alabama
At Mizzou
vs Auburn
vs Vandy
At Kentucky

I may be in the minority but I think Florida will be really good this year. We play them at UF and after what most think will be a lopsided loss at Oregon. The best chance we have at an upset is USCe. From a personnel standpoint the only SEC teams we have an advantage over is UK, Mizzoo and Vandy. USCe is the nearest from a talent perspective and they have Clowney and arguably the best coach in the country.

I may be in the minority but I think Florida will be really good this year. We play them at UF and after what most think will be a lopsided loss at Oregon. The best chance we have at an upset is USCe. From a personnel standpoint the only SEC teams we have an advantage over is UK, Mizzoo and Vandy. USCe is the nearest from a talent perspective and they have Clowney and arguably the best coach in the country.

sjt18 will be here shortly to put you in place.

VN Store

Back