PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

Antonio Bridges lives in Augusta and is a Captain. Knows a ton of VFLs from the 98-01 timeframe. Great guy, look him up on Facebook! The Vol Club Members Facebook page is great and you will get emails.
Thanks so much for the info and all you and others are doing. It is much appreciated!!! GB🍊

From what I’ve found, there are a few “easy” objections people fall on after they finally learn what The Vol Club is.

1. - “I don’t believe in players being paid so I’m not contributing to that. Good for them but it won’t be my money.”

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard this.

2. - “My $5 won’t make a difference and there aren’t enough perks for that level and I can’t afford $300 a year.”

I hear something along these lines a lot too, just an overall shrug of shoulders discounting the impact they can make mixed with either inability to enjoy the perks (say you live far away) or not being able to hit the $300 level.). I try to remind in the end you are giving money primarily to go to our players and help be part of the team NOT for the perks but they are just a nice added bonus.

3. - “That seems shady, I won’t do that till it’s more transparent or the University is tied to it more closely.”

These are just the general skeptics in life that question everything and no matter what you say just say there isn’t enough facts.

4. - “I’ve never heard of that at all I’ll check it out”

Being so foreign to the whole concept and Club due to lack of great marketing still outside of the HARDCORE TN fan section they need more time to wrap their minds around it.

I hope that paints a little bit of the picture of what we hear. It’s why the grassroots nature of the Captains program has been so vital for us to grow a NET of 600 members over the dog days of summer. It’s taken direct relationships and conversations to keep growing.

As I keep saying I think that’s changing and really going to a lot soon with what’s to come.

We need every Vol Fan to join and certainly hope you all reading this do!

I know this won't be a popular take, but their money is also going towards perks for more well-healed members. That's part of the budget too, right? That part has got to sting! From what I can tell Rocky Top members basically get nothing.

I know this won't be a popular take, but their money is also going towards perks for more well-healed members. That's part of the budget too, right? That part has got to sting! From what I can tell Rocky Top members basically get nothing.
90% of the RT member’s fees go to the players. They do get a welcome package and their are lots of events they can attend, like TVC and Captain hosted watch parties.

Reactions: KptVFL and Glitch
90% of the RT member’s fees go to the players. They do get a welcome package and their are lots of events they can attend, like TVC and Captain hosted watch parties.

Ok. Thanks! Then need to update site STAT!

No mention of welcome package. Is mentioned for every other tier. Reading this looks like you don't even get a sticker.

Screenshot_20230817-192637_Chrome.jpg

That honestly looks new. It use to have more items listed. I will check to see if they changed it recently.
Yea it was changed earlier this month. Looks like RT gives you access to the site content and a discount in the store and the pride of knowing your making a difference.

VN Store

Back