Quick thought on Oregon....

matts42012

Marriota (QB) is only throwing 57% and has 1 throwing TD against two really bad teams. Just something we may can take advantage of with how the D played today.

Reactions: 1 person
He completed 68.5% and had 32 passing tds last year. I don't think he's gotten worse over the off season.

Reactions: 2 people
Marriota (QB) is only throwing 57% and has 1 throwing TD against two really bad teams. Just something we may can take advantage of with how the D played today.

We've played 2 bad teams too. Let's not act like WKU is good just because they beat a worse UK team.

Next week is going to be tough. I'm bracing for a 51-21 type beat down personally. They are #2 for a reason.

run the ball tough, dont turn ball over and manage the game. if you do that and limit their possessions things could get interesting. i understand the game well enough to know its going to be an up hill climb next Saturday but last year Stanford beat them doing those things. it is possible.

Reactions: 7 people
run the ball tough, dont turn ball over and manage the game. if you do that and limit their possessions things could get interesting. i understand the game well enough to know its going to be an up hill climb next Saturday but last year Stanford beat them doing those things. it is possible.

Don't understand the Stanford thing. They're a heck of a team and A LOT better than us right now.

I would use some of the gameplay when the eagles beat Vick and the falcons years ago. Don't chase the quarterback. Just hold your lanes and contain him.

Earlier today, WKU had it 2nd and goal from the 1. For some odd reason, they decided to throw it on 2nd down, the qb held the ball, and took a sack at the 5. On the next play he threw an int.....Oregon isn't that stupid. They're running it 3 times from the 1 if they have to.

Earlier today, WKU had it 2nd and goal from the 1. For some odd reason, they decided to throw it on 2nd down, the qb held the ball, and took a sack at the 5. On the next play he threw an int.....Oregon isn't that stupid. They're running it 3 times from the 1 if they have to.

After all the Petrino hype, that was certainly a head scratcher.

Our ONLY shot is to line up, play smash mouth football, and run the ball down their throats. Our strength is the O-line and their weakness is lack of size.

As fast as they are they are undersized compared to SEC teams. We have to take advantage of that.

Reactions: 3 people
Our ONLY shot is to line up, play smash mouth football, and run the ball down their throats. Our strength is the O-line and their weakness is lack of size.

As fast as they are they are undersized compared to SEC teams. We have to take advantage of that.

Yeah - I anticipate Tennessee actually being able to run the ball. The problem is that Tennessee will do well to hold them under 50.

What we don't know about this team is how they respond to adversity. Got a glimpse in 2nd half today but what happens on the road against a top ranked team. They won't quit but can they keep their composure when someone like the Ducks gets 2 TD's in 30 seconds?
I am like our young CB's! They have ball skills we haven't had in years. If Butch trusts them enough to leave them on an island and sell out to stop the run Vols could make it interesting.

If we can smack them in the mouth at first we may have a chance.

I think they're soft. We have to be the big ugly bears in this one.

Agree...long drives to eat clock and score points...get ducks out of sinc

I think we have a chance to only give up a few big plays on D. I question whether Worley can get it done through the air. I think he is a smart player, but his passing has only been so so against mediocre competition. He has looked really good at points.

VN Store

Back