Randall Cobb (merged)

I dont think our interest in him is as a QB. Dont know though, might be wrong.

And what does him being commited to UK have to do with him changing his mind and commiting to UT. He is nowhere near signing a LOI yet.

back on topic, where would he play at UT? are we going to move him to a receiver? I've seen him twice. He has speed and athleticism so he's got that going for him, but he's not a D1 qb by any stretch of the imagination. Of course, one of the games I saw him was against Maryville.

Article up on Volquest. Thought you might enjoy this part
Cobb got a text from Sykes earlier today that put a smile on his face.

"He texted me and told me that Phil's big blue eyes were going to get to me," Cobb said laughing.
Its crazy that would give Tennessee four Alcoa players in Warren, Sykes, Lindsay, Cobb and if he hadnt gotten himself arrested maybe Sommers. Lanxter is at Kentucky too. Thats an amazing amount of talent from one 2a school.

Just wish they all could get qualified..I don't see how they could play with the grades they had in high school..not tryin to bash them or anything. It just doesnt seem right

word is cobb has good grades and a good head on his shoulders. Honestly I think we have just a good a shot to land him as UK or anybody else does. Sounds like he wants to be close to his family. Most project him to be a WR but I like him a QB alot. He's got a very strong arm. Only 5'11 but he's young and still has time to grow. Having a bunch of alcoa guys heading here soon should help.

word is cobb has good grades and a good head on his shoulders. Honestly I think we have just a good a shot to land him as UK or anybody else does. Sounds like he wants to be close to his family. Most project him to be a WR but I like him a QB alot. He's got a very strong arm. Only 5'11 but he's young and still has time to grow. Having a bunch of alcoa guys heading here soon should help.
I've played against him 4 times. I think he would be a good college receiver or defensive back but I dont think he has the accuracy to play QB at the college level. He can throw the deep ball and run but other than that he was limited. He was a game breaker though. He was the one guy we couldnt find an answer for. We maybe could have beaten them without him. He is a great player.

I've played against him 4 times. I think he would be a good college receiver or defensive back but I dont think he has the accuracy to play QB at the college level. He can throw the deep ball and run but other than that he was limited. He was a game breaker though. He was the one guy we couldnt find an answer for. We maybe could have beaten them without him. He is a great player.

Did Cobb transfer from Fulton to Alcoa?

This is not meant as an insult towards any UTK prospect, but why are we even discussing a tug-of-war with Kensucky over a 2* prospect?

once again, you can't always look at star rankings. This guy is pretty good. watched him and played against him several times.

Im wondering if Alcoa has some good young guys that might be coming up?

I may not know much about recruiting but even I know that you have to keep pipelines coming from local schools.

Isn't that what Aaron Douglas, Tyler Maples, Josh Hawkins, Anthony Anderson, Rogan, Rae Sykes, Dustin Lyndsey and Brandon Warren are for?

Us having more local talent these days says one of two things.

1. The local talent is better than in years past.

2. We aren't able to recruit nationally as well as we used to.

I'd say it's somewhere in the middle.

VN Store

Back