Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

They’re still playing hockey in late June… Edmonton crushing Florida tonight 5-1 in front of a rapturous hometown crowd to even the SC final at 3 a piece.

Ok...who knows if this is a flower or a weed in my flower bed (@VolNExile) ...I get seeds sent to me and just plant all of them, but only a few grow😛
View attachment 651618
It's a cosmos! Great, great garden flowers. They're annuals (entire life cycle in one year), but if you don't deadhead the flowers after they're done, they'll reseed and come back, as this one has done. I go back and forth between whether I love the flowers or foliage more. The species grows nice and tall, as tall as 4' in the right conditions, but no telling what you've got here of course. You may have a mix of colors (white, red, pink; not oranges or yellows).

It's a cosmos! Great, great garden flowers. They're annuals (entire life cycle in one year), but if you don't deadhead the flowers after they're done, they'll reseed and come back, as this one has done. I go back and forth between whether I love the flowers or foliage more. The species grows nice and tall, as tall as 4' in the right conditions, but no telling what you've got here of course. You may have a mix of colors (white, red, pink; not oranges or yellows).

Awwh Thanks for all the info @VolNExile, now i know what i have 😀

Reactions: VolNExile
Trying to decide on buying a 67 Mustang for $3000. Mostly solid car, needs a lot of work though. So far my math adds up to about $6000 in parts. Which, honestly, isn't terrible. And that is also without shopping marketplace/craigslist, just going with new parts (except engine and trans which I did shop marketplace for.)

Reactions: malinoisvol
Trying to decide on buying a 67 Mustang for $3000. Mostly solid car, needs a lot of work though. So far my math adds up to about $6000 in parts. Which, honestly, isn't terrible. And that is also without shopping marketplace/craigslist, just going with new parts (except engine and trans which I did shop marketplace for.)
A 67 for $3k? Wow! Must be a 6cyl coupe. And they ain't nothing wrong with that!

A 67 for $3k? Wow! Must be a 6cyl coupe. And they ain't nothing wrong with that!
Originally a C code car which means it had a 289. It is a coupe and needs a ton of work. My daughter is already lamenting the fact it has no A/C and no power windows and I have not even bought it yet. My wife is lamenting the fact it doesn't have air bags. I can add A/C, I don't know about air bags.

Reactions: Tin Man
Dec. 1, 1979, I had center front row loge seats for Tom Petty’s concert at the Fox Theater in Atlanta.

Originally a C code car which means it had a 289. It is a coupe and needs a ton of work. My daughter is already lamenting the fact it has no A/C and no power windows and I have not even bought it yet. My wife is lamenting the fact it doesn't have air bags. I can add A/C, I don't know about air bags.
I've been out the resto loop for a while and don't know if they have retrofitted SRS components for the classics.

My wife is glad I haven't found another project car... she'd prolly kill me If I did. :)

My wife’s projects are rehabbing classic bicycles. She restores them to riding condition while trying to keep them as original as possible. She rides them a few times, and then asks me to sell them. Her latest is a 1975 Free Spirit road bike.
IMG_1950.jpeg

Has anyone here dealt with carpal tunnel syndrome? I thought I might be developing arthritis at the base of my left thumb, but that electric shock feeling doesn't feel very arthritis-y. Grrr.

Has anyone here dealt with carpal tunnel syndrome? I thought I might be developing arthritis at the base of my left thumb, but that electric shock feeling doesn't feel very arthritis-y. Grrr.
I think I've got some going on in my index finger up through my hand. I'm just assuming that's what it is, just stuff and occasionally painful, never broke anything there I don't think.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back