Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

Originally a C code car which means it had a 289. It is a coupe and needs a ton of work. My daughter is already lamenting the fact it has no A/C and no power windows and I have not even bought it yet. My wife is lamenting the fact it doesn't have air bags. I can add A/C, I don't know about air bags.
Buy a 2006 for the wife and daughter, then fix this one like you want.....if you don't want the car would you share where it's at....might be interested myself.

Reactions: malinoisvol
Buy a 2006 for the wife and daughter, then fix this one like you want.....if you don't want the car would you share where it's at....might be interested myself.
Wifey doesn't want a car, she wants another minivan. Our 2010 Odyssey has over 230k on it. With 3 kiddos a Mustang is not very practical. Fun, yes. We have discussed with the younger kids that they will not just be tossed the keys to this car if I buy it. I have no intention of building a hotrod, but it is possible that some moderately good parts go inside the engine. Oddly enough, a stock 289 from that era makes a good bit less HP than the V6 in the wife's minivan.

My wife’s projects are rehabbing classic bicycles. She restores them to riding condition while trying to keep them as original as possible. She rides them a few times, and then asks me to sell them. Her latest is a 1975 Free Spirit road bike.
View attachment 653714
VERY close to my first adult sized bike. Which was the special edition Ted Williams Free Spirit, it came in either racing style handle or upright I had the upright...not my bike but the pic of it.

zdj7WYVNopZS6UARN6ixpp7kgY9D7HAtP6Z44bfd7beup26zW_c7f01074-8c8b-4726-910d-59aaf6ad5742_1800x18...jpg
I put hundreds of miles on that thing. My new bike is based on those memories....
Little known fact they were made by Steyr for Sears in Austria....same conglomorate company that made the Steyr Aug.

Reactions: Tin Man
Wifey doesn't want a car, she wants another minivan. Our 2010 Odyssey has over 230k on it. With 3 kiddos a Mustang is not very practical. Fun, yes. We have discussed with the younger kids that they will not just be tossed the keys to this car if I buy it. I have no intention of building a hotrod, but it is possible that some moderately good parts go inside the engine. Oddly enough, a stock 289 from that era makes a good bit less HP than the V6 in the wife's minivan.
Add fuel injection, high energy ignition and headers and hte mustang will have as much or more HP

Add fuel injection, high energy ignition and headers and hte mustang will have as much or more HP
I am actually looking at a mid 80's 302/AOD for it. I would add a carb because I don't wanna mess with FI unless I can get the whole shebang from a donor car or get a deal on an aftermarket FI system, and headers, probably a mild cam. Again, low-ish power but reliable cruiser.

Reactions: Wireless1
I am actually looking at a mid 80's 302/AOD for it. I would add a carb because I don't wanna mess with FI unless I can get the whole shebang from a donor car or get a deal on an aftermarket FI system, and headers, probably a mild cam. Again, low-ish power but reliable cruiser.
Glad to read this. I had a thought that you might sell off a passel of parts and modify it to accept the battery and drive system from a 2019+ RAV4 hybrid. 🤪

Reactions: joevol33
Glad to read this. I had a thought that you might sell off a passel of parts and modify it to accept the battery and drive system from a 2019+ RAV4 hybrid. 🤪
Never. I did contenplate doing an electric conversion on a Ford Ranger many years ago. I scrapped the idea because the entire bed would have been used for the batteries. Threw a 302 in there instead. That was a seriously fun truck.

Though I had heard many Beatles tunes, I didn’t pay much attention to them until Rubber Soul was released.

VN Store

Back