Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

I turn 29 for the 16th time in December.
mathmatically that's middle aged.
I retired the first time at 52 or 53. Things were great until wife had some medical problems.
Health insurance was not cancelled, but went up 15 and 25% two years in row. Doubled. (About $2000/mo) Same time quit covering a drug that cost $1200 month. That was 2010. I was 59 and went back to work for the health insurance. worked until 63 and retired again with health insurance from my job.
Medicare at 65.

Reactions: VolNExile
mathmatically that's middle aged.
I retired the first time at 52 or 53. Things were great until wife had some medical problems.
Health insurance was not cancelled, but went up 15 and 25% two years in row. Doubled. (About $2000/mo) Same time quit covering a drug that cost $1200 month. That was 2010. I was 59 and went back to work for the health insurance. worked until 63 and retired again with health insurance from my job.
Medicare at 65.

Health insurance is the only thing that really worries me between retirement and 65. My list of health ailments reads like a CVS receipt.

Health insurance is the only thing that really worries me between retirement and 65. My list of health ailments reads like a CVS receipt.
My business partner who is a Dr. recommended Farm Bureau. At that time they did not cancel you. I found out they just raised the price significantly twice a year.
I think there are gov't programs now (or very soon)that you can get. I'd look into that. healthcare.gov ???

Look for new job?
Doesn't st of NC have retirement plan? No IRA?
Social security at 65 or somewhat later. Read about waiting.
Quit giving anything to those adult kids. The best thing for both of you.
Looking for a new job is tempting, but I have guilt that I would be leaving with unfinished business and possibly putting them in worse shape than before. NC has really good health plan, retirement, pension, all the good things.
I am nearly 59 so my working days are getting shorter.
We have cut off the adult kid welfare program.

I have friends in that field, who work for some rather large financial institutions. One in particular that might can help, if you can get me an e-mail I'll find away to contact you and maybe can get your resume to him. Make no promises, but I do know a couple of people who might can give you more options. Also the main friend in question was one of my best men when I got married, he's currently working from home here in Chatt, while he is working for a company out of NYC. He's good people, and even if they don't have anything right now, this guy has written the book on navigating this field and is making BIG money. The good news is with the right experience IT Security can be done from almost anywhere with decent internet. There may be more options even without moving. Let me know a way to contact you.
What happened to the messaging feature on VN?

Look for new job?
Doesn't st of NC have retirement plan? No IRA?
Social security at 65 or somewhat later. Read about waiting.
Quit giving anything to those adult kids. The best thing for both of you.

If you have enough saved up where you dont need SS for retirement, you take it at 62 and invest. You will far outperform the gov.

If you dont have enough and are still working, you need to wait...

Health plays a role as well but these are my general rules....

Reactions: Go aeiou
If you have enough saved up where you dont need SS for retirement, you take it at 62 and invest. You will far outperform the gov.

If you dont have enough and are still working, you need to wait...

Health plays a role as well but these are my general rules....
Maybe we have enough between savings, 401k and investments, maybe we don't. Health care is so stupid expensive I may take a janitor job at the local elementary school just for that. We are debt free so that helps tremendously. But we also have kids at home, one of which has Autism so will never leave home.

Military etiquette question: while serving as US President, a citizen who has not served in the military receives and gives salutes as Commander in Chief. What is the proper etiquette when they’re out of office? Do they receive and give solutes as before?

Military etiquette question: while serving as US President, a citizen who has not served in the military receives and gives salutes as Commander in Chief. What is the proper etiquette when they’re out of office? Do they receive and give solutes as before?

Goojul is yore friend. Short answer is yes and no. The president returning a salute was started by Reagan.

VN Store

Back