Random, Thoughts, X,XXIV

I am getting very weary of doing stuff I  have to do. I am ready to do stuff I  want to do. I have worked (with the exception of a couple 9-ish month stretches) for 43 years. Full time for 40 of those. I am tired y'all. Really tired. But there's not enough saved up or in the retirement account. And that's on me. So I'll get up in the morning and get working. I am just so unmotivated these days. I used to enjoy going to work. Now, it is dread.
Onlyfans time, clearly. Or find a sugarmama.

It sucks to get old and still not have enough saved up to Johnny Paycheck the boss. Kids, dump as much as you can into a retirement account. Just do it. Especially if you still live at home or are married and can get by on one income.
Who in here do you think is young enough to take that advice? Zone has become the VN retirement, and unable to retire community.

I am getting very weary of doing stuff I  have to do. I am ready to do stuff I  want to do. I have worked (with the exception of a couple 9-ish month stretches) for 43 years. Full time for 40 of those. I am tired y'all. Really tired. But there's not enough saved up or in the retirement account. And that's on me. So I'll get up in the morning and get working. I am just so unmotivated these days. I used to enjoy going to work. Now, it is dread.

Out of curiosity Super what exactly do you do? What is your experience?

Out of curiosity Super what exactly do you do? What is your experience?
I do IT security. I applied for, interviewed for, and was hired for an IT security job with the state of NC. What it actually is is a project manager role. There is no real IT security work. Just herding cats. Frustrating for me. I feel like I was misled and almost a bait and switch.
However, last night our nightly devotional with the fam was on perseverance. Talk about the Lord's perfect timing.

I do IT security. I applied for, interviewed for, and was hired for an IT security job with the state of NC. What it actually is is a project manager role. There is no real IT security work. Just herding cats. Frustrating for me. I feel like I was misled and almost a bait and switch.
However, last night our nightly devotional with the fam was on perseverance. Talk about the Lord's perfect timing.
Look for new job?
Doesn't st of NC have retirement plan? No IRA?
Social security at 65 or somewhat later. Read about waiting.
Quit giving anything to those adult kids. The best thing for both of you.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I have friends in that field, who work for some rather large financial institutions. One in particular that might can help, if you can get me an e-mail I'll find away to contact you and maybe can get your resume to him. Make no promises, but I do know a couple of people who might can give you more options. Also the main friend in question was one of my best men when I got married, he's currently working from home here in Chatt, while he is working for a company out of NYC. He's good people, and even if they don't have anything right now, this guy has written the book on navigating this field and is making BIG money. The good news is with the right experience IT Security can be done from almost anywhere with decent internet. There may be more options even without moving. Let me know a way to contact you.

VN Store

Back