Ready to be called a Negavol, but here's a real question

It will be these same people who are calling others negavols that will be screaming for Butch's head when things get rough.

Pretty much, this. The amount of people with bi-polar disorder around here is crazy. Numerous times last season, the same people who went into the week talking about how we were going to beat *insert team* due to *insert obscure reason that really means nothing* were on the boards during the game screaming the loudest about how horrible we are.
Show me (forward)progress and I am happy this year. I go into every game hoping for the best, but understanding that without the time in system and playmakers on the field... it could be a rough game.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm willing to bet the farm that won't happen. Why? Because Butch gets... I mean, because we can't have two bad losses to Florida. :)

For me, it's not the opinions that bother me, it's the bashing, by both sides, and the massive generalizations. I don't think the "negavols" are predicting 0-12 and I haven't seen any homers legitimately suggesting we will run the table. Both sides aren't as far apart as some suggest.

My guess is, most team sites are probably a couple of wins more optimistic about their season than the general public. For me personally, each year my "realistic" prediction for the season tends to be a worse case scenario. And when I pick with my heart (and yes I tend to be a homer sometimes), I have us winning two or three games we aren't supposed to.

Just my $.02.

Delete this post immediately. There's no place in this thread for sound logic.:)

Reactions: 2 people
If you expect 10 wins, then just don't turn on you're TV this fall.

I think the coaches, players, and fans expect a 6-7 win season with the main goal just getting back to a bowl game. I fully expect us to lose to a bad team AND expect us to upset a national title contender. I'm not saying any specific team, but when you play 5 of the top 10 teams, s*** is bound to happen.

......and then in 2015, 10 wins or bust.

fyp

What will I be saying if the Vols lose to Oregon, Fla, Ga, and USCe in "the experts" predictions? I will say "well the experts were right, we really didn't have anything for those guys."

But during each of these games of which, I think will be hard fought and with great effort given by this Vols football team, I will watch every play waiting to see a spark, a moment, where they find the heart of a champion and rise up from the depths of defeat and play like champions! To rosy for you? I would have never thought the 1998 Tennessee Vols would have won a National Championship without Peyton Manning but, guess what it happened! I saw it.

Thank you guys for the opportunity to get that off my chest! It's been a long offseason with only 11 days to go I'm a little on edge!:D

Reactions: 3 people
All these threads bashing on people for expecting losses at Oregon, against UF, against UGA, etc.

What happens to all of y'all that are expecting we can win these games when this happens:

the Ducks run roughshod over us and we lose by 24

Florida throws at will and beats up 21

Aaron Murray has a field day against our secondary racking up 345 passing yards en route to a 27 point thumping.

Vandy/Auburn/Mizzou/USC- 3 of these four or even 2 of these four just prove to be too much for us to handle and we lose half of these games.

Just curious what happens. Replying with "won't happen, Butch gets it" doesn't count. I want to know how things will go if the above happens. A bad loss to Oregon, a bad loss to Florida, a bad loss to Florida and tough losses to two of the four mentioned last.

Could happen that we go 4 - 8 this year if we lose all the 50/50 games put I refuse to expect or think the worst as I tend to lean more to the glass of life is half full not empty so I think we will go 7 - 5 . But to answer your question this year could suck record wise and the team shows marked improvement and I'd still be happy, but only if the improvements continue to carry over to lead toward winning big next season. When you make a change after we have been as bad we have been you have to know part of the cure could be short term getting worse before things improve.

Could happen that we go 4 - 8 this year if we lose all the 50/50 games put I refuse to expect or think the worst as I tend to lean more to the glass of life is half full not empty so I think we will go 7 - 5 .
If we go 7-5 AND the team looks polished, my mind will be blown. I'd be very happy with that scenario this year.

This video sums up this thread pretty well I feel....(Some of the references are a little dated, but the message is the same)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7IQ_lw_nIE[/youtube]

What will I be saying if the Vols lose to Oregon, Fla, Ga, and USCe in "the experts" predictions? I will say "well the experts were right, we really didn't have anything for those guys."

But during each of these games of which, I think will be hard fought and with great effort given by this Vols football team, I will watch every play waiting to see a spark, a moment, where they find the heart of a champion and rise up from the depths of defeat and play like champions! To rosy for you? I would have never thought the 1998 Tennessee Vols would have won a National Championship without Peyton Manning but, guess what it happened! I saw it.

Thank you guys for the opportunity to get that off my chest! It's been a long offseason with only 11 days to go I'm a little on edge!:D

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

If we go 7-5 AND the team looks polished, my mind will be blown. I'd be very happy with that scenario this year.

around 6-7 is where i would see us assuming we beat the teams we are used to beating...3 nonconf garbage games, vandy, UK, and splitting auburn/mizzou and 1 big upset i would consider a pretty successful season

All these threads bashing on people for expecting losses at Oregon, against UF, against UGA, etc.

What happens to all of y'all that are expecting we can win these games when this happens:

the Ducks run roughshod over us and we lose by 24

Florida throws at will and beats up 21

Aaron Murray has a field day against our secondary racking up 345 passing yards en route to a 27 point thumping.

Vandy/Auburn/Mizzou/USC- 3 of these four or even 2 of these four just prove to be too much for us to handle and we lose half of these games.

Just curious what happens. Replying with "won't happen, Butch gets it" doesn't count. I want to know how things will go if the above happens. A bad loss to Oregon, a bad loss to Florida, a bad loss to Florida and tough losses to two of the four mentioned last.

Nothing will happen - - we are actually expected to lose those games by about that much based on current odds in Las Vegas -- Butch will still get it when the season is over no matter how it play out because Butch just gets "it".

I am not sure you are getting it.

Reactions: 4 people
Hopefully VN won't act like a middle-school girl that didn't get asked to the 7th-8th grade dance and have a meltdown (bit..ing to other fans, dissing players publicly, calling for the coach's head..etc.)

Perhaps they'll grow a synapse or two and realize that:

1) The SEC is way tougher than it was when we won the NC
2) The coaches in the SEC are considerably better as a group than when we won the NC
3) When a program gets down in the SEC, it takes a while to get back up (if it can at all)
4) Instant gratification only works with morning coffee - not rebuilding college football teams

Reactions: 2 people
I will go into the season thinking we have a chance to win every game. I can't help that. That being said, my post game reactions and degree of ensuing depression or jubilation will be based on this scale. (subject to change as the season progresses)

AP - Win
WKU - Win
Oregon - Pretty likely a loss
Florida - Likely a loss
SA - Win
UGA - Chance of an upset
USC - Good chance of an upset
Bama - Loss
Mizzou - Win
Auburn - Win
Vandy - Win
UK - Win

this anyghing less u have to question
the coaches ability to win in the sec..

cbj has to have a couple of statement games win or lose to show he can compete in this league..lmo

NOT A DAMN THING !!! I won't call you a negavol but you sure sound like a defeatist first class (who is about to put a bama bumper-sticker on his car).

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back