Ready to be called a Negavol, but here's a real question

You can ask just about any question you want to at this point and the answers will be everywhere and in both directions. What if this, what if that, what if I ask the same question but go the other direction? What if we upset two of the following, UF, UGA, USCjr, and Bama. Dont tell me it cant be done because even Dools damn near pulled a couple out of his hat. After a couple of upsets and a 9-3 or 10-2 season, what are the select few of you no sunshine pumping, no orange tinted glass wearing pansies gonna have to say about Butch M'F'n Jones then?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
You can ask just about any question you want to at this point and the answers will be everywhere and in both directions. What if this, what if that, what if I ask the same question but go the other direction? What if we upset two of the following, UF, UGA, USCjr, and Bama. Dont tell me it cant be done because even Dools damn near pulled a couple out of his hat. After a couple of upsets and a 9-3 or 10-2 season, what are the select few of you no sunshine pumping, no orange tinted glass wearing pansies gonna have to say about Butch M'F'n Jones then?

Now can you dig that.....SUCKAS!

No they will still be saying a 4-8 season because our team sucks!

He also had Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson. There's nothing even remotely close to that on offense this year.

He also had Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson. There's nothing even remotely close to that on offense this year.

You choose:

A team with Dooley back along with Bray, Hunter and CP

or

A team with Butch Jones as the HC and all four of those guys gone.

No doubt in my mind which team would win more games this season. There is something about being a TEAM that we have been missing for years now, I dont think many realize how important that concept is. Three people dont win games, it takes a team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
All these threads bashing on people for expecting losses at Oregon, against UF, against UGA, etc.

What happens to all of y'all that are expecting we can win these games when this happens:

the Ducks run roughshod over us and we lose by 24

Florida throws at will and beats up 21

Aaron Murray has a field day against our secondary racking up 345 passing yards en route to a 27 point thumping.

Vandy/Auburn/Mizzou/USC- 3 of these four or even 2 of these four just prove to be too much for us to handle and we lose half of these games.

Just curious what happens. Replying with "won't happen, Butch gets it" doesn't count. I want to know how things will go if the above happens. A bad loss to Oregon, a bad loss to Florida, a bad loss to Florida and tough losses to two of the four mentioned last.

Bad losses to Oregon, Florida, Alabama & Georgia will hurt, but I want be devastated. If we loose 2 or 3 to Vandy/Auburn/Mizzou/USC, I'll wonder if Butch can even turn it around in 3 or 4 years. I really need for us to win 2 or 3 of those and get to 6 wins to be optimistic about the next couple of years. I mean, 6 wins would be an improvement over Dooley. If we only get 4 or 5 wins, then that wiil be a downer for me. Even Dooley did that. I can see us going 4&8 to even 8&4, I can see us upsetting someone and also getting beat by someone we should beat easily. How the team and coaches react to the tough losses will be a huge sign of where we are as a team and coach. Hoping for an 8&4 season, ignoring the possibility of a 4&8 season and realistically looking for something in between.

Maybe it's just me but if we go 7-5 and win a bowl game CBJ should be up for coach of the year.

my magic win number was 8 for to get coach of the year and I'm a negavol. It's why I started the thread. I never bashed anyone, I just asked a question. The answer of "I will take the loss to heart, but then sit down and play with my one year old" was sufficient. For whatever reason it was assumed I wanted to hear the answers of Fire Butch, We suck, blah blah blah. I just really wanted to know how the more optimistic would handle the season.

How do you know north and croom aren't?

My thoughts exactly! My whole thought on all this is how does these goofballs know what we got as a team to throw out a prediction of a 4-8 or 5-7 season when they haven't even snapped the ball! They think they know it all and they don't know jack! That's why the game is played on the field and not on the volnation message board!

My thoughts exactly! My whole thought on all this is how does these goofballs know what we got as a team to throw out a prediction of a 4-8 or 5-7 season when they haven't even snapped the ball! They think they know it all and they don't know jack! That's why the game is played on the field and not on the volnation message board!

You told us....now I will get off your lawn.

Could be said of any prediction, even 8 or 9 wins

You choose:

A team with Dooley back along with Bray, Hunter and CP

or

A team with Butch Jones as the HC and all four of those guys gone.

No doubt in my mind which team would win more games this season. There is something about being a TEAM that we have been missing for years now, I dont think many realize how important that concept is. Three people dont win games, it takes a team.

If I had to choose, I'd still take the team with Bray, Hunter and Patterson. Those 3 guys at least give you a fighting chance to overcome our unthinkably bad defense, which in case you haven't heard, returns basically intact for this year. Clearly, in a perfect world, I along with just about any other sane person would take all of those guys, or some combination of them (particularly Bray) along with a new coach for the best shot at upsetting USC, UGA or UF.

All these threads bashing on people for expecting losses at Oregon, against UF, against UGA, etc.

What happens to all of y'all that are expecting we can win these games when this happens:

the Ducks run roughshod over us and we lose by 24

Florida throws at will and beats up 21

Aaron Murray has a field day against our secondary racking up 345 passing yards en route to a 27 point thumping.

Vandy/Auburn/Mizzou/USC- 3 of these four or even 2 of these four just prove to be too much for us to handle and we lose half of these games.

Just curious what happens. Replying with "won't happen, Butch gets it" doesn't count. I want to know how things will go if the above happens. A bad loss to Oregon, a bad loss to Florida, a bad loss to Florida and tough losses to two of the four mentioned last.

Negavol, imo.

However, it would absolutely suck to lose to Florida twice in the same season.

my magic win number was 8 for to get coach of the year and I'm a negavol. It's why I started the thread. I never bashed anyone, I just asked a question. The answer of "I will take the loss to heart, but then sit down and play with my one year old" was sufficient. For whatever reason it was assumed I wanted to hear the answers of Fire Butch, We suck, blah blah blah. I just really wanted to know how the more optimistic would handle the season.

Surely you knew what the responses would be fielding that kind of question.

197083.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
If I had to choose, I'd still take the team with Bray, Hunter and Patterson. Those 3 guys at least give you a fighting chance to overcome our unthinkably bad defense, which in case you haven't heard, returns basically intact for this year. Clearly, in a perfect world, I along with just about any other sane person would take all of those guys, or some combination of them (particularly Bray) along with a new coach for the best shot at upsetting USC, UGA or UF.

wow.

If I had to choose, I'd still take the team with Bray, Hunter and Patterson. Those 3 guys at least give you a fighting chance to overcome our unthinkably bad coaching, which in case you haven't heard, returns basically intact for this year. Clearly, in a perfect world, I along with just about any other sane person would take all of those guys, or some combination of them (particularly Bray) along with a new coach for the best shot at upsetting USC, UGA or UF.

fyp.

Luckily thats not a problem we have anymore IMO

Clearly I don't either of those options is going to have us beating any teams worth a damn, but like I said, those three guys at least give you a puncher's chance to overcome our ineptitude on defense.

Love me some big words. You a smart fella aint cha? :)

VN Store

Back